Newbie Gurrilla Grow Advice

Amateur E

hello all, I’m looking for some advise on where to start my research for gurrilla growing. I have no prior experience and I want to gain all the knowledge I need before the 2023 season begins. I’m planning to grow auto flowers as they seem more approachable for a beginner. Could anyone advise me on some form of step by step gurrilla grow guide?

• Like 10

Welcome aboard and great to see another outdoor grower :yep:       

Firstly is one growing in the wild or the garden  ?        What Lat are you ?   

If your going into the wilds ,  you will want to locate a plot ,  start prepping by laying mulch & cardboard  - this will assist in getting the ground ready to plant.  

Autos i love and perform a great function outdoors however they come with drawbacks !       I will try simplify  - 

An auto once sprouted is on its own mission and running to its own in built clock  , should you experience and issues / dramas / probs in the early / mid stages then this will reflect in the end result. 

Females look trickier but in reality you have way more control and scope to rectify issues and salvage the run .... an auto you wont.

Have a look at some of our site sponsoring breeders like  Alfemco , Real Gorilla Seeds  ,  SeedStockers    All have outdoor products suited to our short shitty summers :yep:

The OutDoors  / Growing Under Glass and the Breeders sections all have outdoor runs and you can have a look at what completed and what had dramas in various locations around the place. e

All best with the run mate and theres always someone on here that will help out 

• Like 9

First off welcome to the forums.

Best advice read through the outdoor section there is a wealth of info in there also have a gander at the breeders section and individual diaries from past outdoor comps.

Try and find a plot if u can south facing and open east to west.

Brambles are both ur friend and ur enemy so grow a thick skin cos they hurt. lol

• Like 5

Welcome to the community @Amateur E

There's a wealth of knowledge with plenty of us outdoor growers lurking in the guerilla growing section.. best advice I could give is read some of our diarys to get a feel for the basics of how we do things.. digest as much as you can then start a thread in the same forum and ask all the questions you need to or things you dont understand or want to clarify..we are a friendly bunch over there and are only to happy to help a newbie..we all started somewhere dude and your in the best place to learn your craft..

I'll see you around no doubt..

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 7

Hi

I only started growing outside a couple of years ago (52º N) not guerilla exactly but more backyard horticulture. For value for money it is well worth a punt. People on here will point you to some decent strains to run.

Good Luck & Welcome.

Edited by Lux_Interior
sp.
  • Like 7

Welcome to the forum @Amateur E. I joined back in April with the same questions as you. A complete beginner starting his guerilla journey. As Revive already advised, the best source of information for me was my own diary and other people’s diaries. Asking questions in any relevant section is very helpful. (Harvesting & curing, free4all, cannabis cultivation etc.)

Don’t be afraid to ask questions as that’s what this place is all about. Many times I jumped onto knowledgeable folk diaries to pickle their brain on things that to most seemed basic, but to me was crucial.

My diary was filled with my own questions, and there were dozens of friendly experienced growers guiding me along my journey. 

The best way to learn is to jump right in and learn from experience. Consider your first run your learning/test run. Learn as much as you can prior to give yourself a running start, but you learn a lot from the experience itself.

if your at a high latitude (54+) having a selection of autos and photos may be your best bet. Photoperiods begin flowering later at higher latitudes. Many people with high lat successfully grow them still but the chances of rot in October/November are higher. 

Lastly, the feeling you get tending your plants is almost better than the final product. You know what, it may be lol sitting out winter isn’t fun.

Once you get going you’ll be hooked if your anything like me mate. 

Good luck mate. Looking forward to everyone’s ‘23 grow 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

Welcome and best of luck.  Autos are a good bet for guerillering in the UK! :)

Not necessarily for a beginner though buddy :yep:

• Like 6

Welcome man second what everyone else said check the outdoor threads and best bet is to do both few staggered plant outs with autos and a couple of fast versions would be my choice the outdoor section has a thread on outdoor plants so loads of ideas there :yinyang:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Revive said:

Not necessarily for a beginner though buddy :yep:

Well, fair enough, but in my experience, autos finish completely, before the rot sets in, which is more than can be said for more than one photo strains recommended to me for outdoors in the UK, which either flowered inconsequentially or rotted when the weather was inadequate.

Horses for courses, I started my second growing career with autos and didn't find anything more difficult about them outside than photos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MidgeSmith said:

autos finish completely, before the rot sets in, which is more than can be said for more than one photo strains recommended to me for outdoors in the UK

Again dude this isn't the case..auto,s are prone to rot even though they finish earlier than photos..hot and humid times of our summer when there has been odd days of rainfall will create perfect conditions for them to do so..

There are plenty of photo,s and fv,s that are breed to suit our UK climate so are very capable of bringing home the goods..

As you know auto,s are very temperamental and will all the variables of outdoor growing they are very prone to stunting producing buds on sticks but they still have a place for a bit of early bud.

Rot will always play a part in growing outdoors mate, it comes part and parcel in the GG game along with many other other obstacles that us uk outdoor growers face.

• Like 9