Ice Shop Blueberry Hermied

MrGreenTaff

@Dreamer420

Like dave says there's plenty of options, I personally would recommend looking at the subbie seeds you'll get the most bang for your buck there and help keep the lights on. Failing that take a look at a few decent breeders ugorg, turnspit genetics, ace seeds etc. 

@MrGreenTaff

As far as the hermie issue that always is a bit of a prob when it comes to blueberry. Also think the risk is increased buying fem seeds which I don't bother with anymore. Just do a bit more research into what your buying next time and you should be sweet. At the end of the day that's the beauty of the site you can see others first hand results of strains rather than a fabricated fairy tale on a seed site. 

Best of luck :smokin:

• Like 2

Also just to make the strain talk rules clear.

Strain Talk Rules

This forum is for discussing the diverse and wonderful world of cannabis seed strains.
It should not to be used to discuss, promote or advertise the relative merits or reliability of any seed re-seller / company or "seed drops" from 3rd party seed auctions or non affiliated sites and all such posts will be removed without notice as per our rules covering advertising.

Thank you for your co operation

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hazeytones said:

@Dreamer420

@MrGreenTaff

As far as the hermie issue that always is a bit of a prob when it comes to blueberry. Also think the risk is increased buying fem seeds which I don't bother with anymore. Just do a bit more research into what your buying next time and you should be sweet. At the end of the day that's the beauty of the site you can see others first hand results of strains rather than a fabricated fairy tale on a seed site. 

Best of luck :smokin:

But you get underground commercial grows nearing almost a thousand photoperiod plants. And big USA/Netherland companies filling rooms with thousands of photoperiod plants without hermies. 

So they are out there. Just lately its been too many home growers letting them off the hook because its became "one of those things" Making the problem grow worse, I dont buy it.

Also too many seed makers out there now imo. Unless its a big established industrial Unit trying, testing and trailing their plants I dont want to know. I belive a guy with his garage and his own brand doesnt cut it. 

I think Mr nice probably comes close to that. Could be wrong. Just from what I seen with their media. Only problem is that all their brands seemed old school. Will give them a try next if Zamnesia doesnt live up to it on the next run.

49 minutes ago, MrGreenTaff said:

I belive a guy with his garage and his own brand doesnt cut it.

Gotta disagree there.

Prior to coming on here and my hiatus last time, almost all my seed stock came from just such a place. 

If anything I'd say the large scale commercialization has caused this problem. Homogeneity and hype more specifically.

Everyone wants the newest candy bar strain but no long standing testing has been put against any of these, so herm and other undesirable/recessive traits arent filtered as well as should be.

• Like 3

Just now, blerie420 said:

Gotta disagree there.

Prior to coming on here and my hiatus last time, almost all my seed stock came from just such a place. 

If anything I'd say the large scale commercialization has caused this problem. Homogeneity and hype more specifically.

Everyone wants the newest candy bar strain but no long standing testing has been put against any of these, so herm and other undesirable/recessive traits arent filtered as well as should be.

Also true. I mean (Barnies) & (Royal Queen) has "I belive" around 80/90 active strains each. Thus surly impossible to put the time & effort into each to produce healthy quality.

If I kept getting hermies I'd be looking at myself. You talk of hermies as if they are a massive problem throughout the seed industry and they are not

I would say hermies are caused by the grower a lot of the time and not always the fault of the breeder

Owd

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MrGreenTaff said:

Also too many seed makers out there now

Grow a few years, grab a few clones, start a seedwank.

Standard now isnet lol

• Like 5

I belive a guy with his garage and his own brand doesnt cut it. 

From my perspective, yes and no. 

the people that I WANT to buy seeds from are the guys in their garages. With the caveat that it’s the right kind of guy. I want seeds from Joe Blow Unknown Dude provided he is serious and adamant about accuracy and documentation.  Several dudes in their 50s-60s have popped up that have immense, old collections. And they were relatively unknown until they finally got on the internet a couple years ago. 

the guy I DONT want seeds from

is the dude that grew a big operation on IG in a years time and is only concerned about money. Those are the people that put rebranded junk or poorly created seeds in your hands for a premium price. Or at least it’s more likely. 

• Like 1

But you get underground commercial grows nearing almost a thousand photoperiod plants. And big USA/Netherland companies filling rooms with thousands of photoperiod plants without hermies. 

So they are out there. Just lately its been too many home growers letting them off the hook because its became "one of those things" Making the problem grow worse, I dont buy it.

Yes but these big operations are growing out alot of seeds and selecting the best plants to clone based on what there looking for. Any plants showing negative traits, hermie, rot etc would be culled, noone would be doing such a large scale grow without knowing how stable the plant is. 

As @Owderbsays alot of the issue with hermies often lies with the grower and not the seed Co. Another reason why large scale grows like your talking about won't have issues, as they won't be done by novice growers. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MrGreenTaff said:

I belive a guy with his garage and his own brand doesnt cut it. 

There in lies an issue, yer shooting yerself in the foot by ignoring the smaller artisan producers who are in it purely for the love of the plant and instead favouring big distribution companies who just rebrand white label bulk seed.

Have a gander at the subby seeds pic thread for an idea.

:yinyang:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, lildaveham said:

@Dreamer420

We have site sponsors that are reliable and uk based. The banners at the top of the page for Attitude and Seedsman are two and then there are the breeders helpdesks here :-

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/137-breeders-help-desks/

There is also the subscriber seeds you can choose from if you subscribe 

We also have a shop on-site that you can buy seeds from.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/store/category/2-cannabis-seeds/

Plenty of options there guys.

:smokin:

You forgot our Spanish friends :bong:

The subbies option is great as you're getting proven quality and seeds which are almost impossible to get anywhere else.

Only problem (1st world) I'm having with my current Psycho Sisters (all cracked in less than 24hrs) is that I popped 6 hoping to get 4 but by the looks of it I have 6 females,so I might have to cull 2 and run their clones on my next cycle lol

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrGreenTaff said:

Also too many seed makers out there now imo. Unless its a big established industrial Unit trying, testing and trailing their plants I dont want to know. I belive a guy with his garage and his own brand doesnt cut it. 

My experience with large seed banks is worse then with small ones,had companies like DP gave me herm seeds xx of times,tried more then a few strains from Ugorg not a single hermie.

All that facilities and testing grounds of DP mean nothing

I feel your pain tho,it's 10 pounds a seed and you got crap.

Make mums that's a way to go

• Like 3