Boveda packs

AnonyMice

Blimey mate i think the most i ever monitored in my homes is 70%, Weed aside it might be worth getting a dehumidifier for your home just for health reasons alone.

I'm sure the buds can still dissipate moisture at them RH's just will take longer, Some people hang dry clothes in high humidity and they still dry just takes more time.

I don't think that take up moisture from the air outside of a air tight environment, i could be wrong

Fingers crossed for ya mate, hopefully the racks have helped :yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

You’re definitely right mate. It’s something that I need to be looking into. Was reading about effects of living in high humidity and it ain’t good. Don’t have issues with mould or anything really, although did at one point a year or two ago. 

Starting new job, soon I’ll have the funds to sort things thankfully. 

And yeah I’d sometimes hang clothes and they would dry eventually, makes sense. Hoping it does work out mate thanks for the input :) 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

80-90%rh in your house?

same here, gets over 90 daily lol 

when you live in these conditions you do need these things to help :) because even having the jars open as your stuffing weed in raises the rh to the 80-90% in the jar and the weed is sucking in the moisture as it’s sat on the table being dry trimmed etc lol 

i believe it’s the reverse in arid type places

with a humidifier running constantly the lowest it gets (periodically) in the gaff is 70%

:yinyang:

Edited by twigs
  • Like 2

@twigs I thought a dehumidifier would bring it to lower than 70. I suppose there’s many variables.

Being a very small apartment, a decent dehumidifier could probably sort my whole place and do a decent job of it. It’s definitely on my shopping list. Will need it for drying next year - and for health reasons, that I should prioritise a little more lol 

• Like 3

Might just need a more powerful one, and make sure the air flow around the home is good like not having doors closed, My dehumidifier is rated for a 5 bedroom house so works wonders in our 2 bed bungalow lol, i can drop it to the 40's easy but let it sit between 50-55%, and is only 240watts so cheap to run.

There's two main types of Dehumidifier Refrigerant(Compressor) and Desiccant, Desiccant is quiter and can work at a lower temperature (not needed for indoor grows) but also is less efficient, The Refrigerant(Compressor) ones are a lot more efficient but make a bit more noise but tolerable. Mine is Refrigerant(Compressor) :yep:

Meaco 20L Low Energy Dehumidifier and Air Purifier 2 in 1- Dehumidifier

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

yes i got a meaco one :stoned:

it’s awesome and has changed our living condition i just should have got the bigger one!  i got the ecco one (different colours on the lids)

this place is so drafty (with windows shut) i’m probably just cleaning fresh air all the time 

it has made a big difference though

just need 2 or 3 lol 

• Like 3

@Military Grade Sounds like your place is ideal for drying!

They sound a good job. The non-electric ones help but don’t make a big impact I don’t think. Haven’t used one since I got hygrometers so I’m not sure how much difference they actually made.

@twigs That’s the way ours is mate. The windows have gaps between them and on a windy day the curtains will be blowing about lol 

• Like 1

If the ambient RH doesn’t matter, and the jars don’t need burped could the curing process be done outdoors? Buried over winter? 

Jarred with hygrometer the buds I threw in the fridge overnight about 20 mins ago. RH dropped to 61% so far. So far so good :) 

Edited by AnonyMice

Stabilised at 59%.. pretty darn perfect. 

I just leave it alone so long as it’s between55%-60%. Burping is just to lower humidity.

Am I thinking right? 

appreciate the help folks. It’s invaluable knowledge I’ll need forever 

@Fatboy77 maybe above ground, in a tent or something? Fluctuating temps might not be good for curing 

Happy days thanks mate. I’m on track anyways :) I only have a small amount left. Smoked a decent amount of it uncured oops