Boveda packs

AnonyMice

Is there any need to burp jars with boveda packs in them? 

I’ve read the pro’s and cons. With 90% RH at home I don’t see much option.. anyone any advice with using them for curing? 

@Fatboy77 Ahh thanks mate. I thought the ambient RH affected the humidity inside the jars. 

My mini hygrometers are reading 70% inside both jars. Does it need to be drier before jarring?

they feel crisp, and the stems snap. I couldn’t imagine them needing dried much more if at all. 

I’m just using glass jars reused from the kitchen. I think they seal tight. I think band of gorilla tape around the lid would ensure its air tight if not already.

Edited by AnonyMice

@Fatboy77 Thanks mate. They’ll need an extra few days to dry then.

Was gonna throw boveda packs in but hear they’re no good for curing, they should be used for storing. 

@Fatboy77 Cheers bro. Google’s a bastard. “flower should always be cured in special airtight containers with a cannabis humidity pack”

Maybe one day I’ll have enough to store long term and can put them to use. Won’t be using them this year for anything anyways lol pointless purchase 

• Like 1

ive got a really humid place and read what some old dudes used to do and so in my jar paranoia i stick a small bag of basmati in  :smokin::yinyang:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twigs said:

ive got a really humid place and read what some old dudes used to do and so in my jar paranoia i stick a small bag of basmati in  :smokin::yinyang:

The ‘rice ball’ method I’ve seen on a different forum. 

It went something like.. Cook 1/3 jar raw rice on a baking tray at 200F for 45 mins, immediately place in a sandwich bag removing all air & refrigerate. 

When cooled pour the rice into tights/legging material and place into your jar of weed. It’s claimed to have reduced RH by 25% in 90 minutes. 

Any white rice, not instant rice 

• Like 1

@AnonyMice I don’t use it to dry wet weed per se

I use it when over all conditions aren’t perfect when drying (constant damp air) and use raw basmati in small bags (iirc) because on phone water drop tests it drew out the most water

i think it’s used quite a bit in other storage like situations too?

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@twigs I haven’t looked into it much mate. I did give it a go and it did finish drying my water cure (water cure is awful imo) off in 24hr when it was still a little damp. 

Does seem a handy trick to lower humidity quickly when needed. I know fuck all about it tho 

Just leave the buds spread out on a clean surface for 20mins, put back in jars until RH has hits new peak and then repeat if needed. No need for Boveda packs or other things.

You have them mini RH Temp monitors for your jars?

• Like 1

My RH is 80-90% so leaving them at out would increase moisture I would have thought? I have them laid on a rack in the fridge 40% RH. Will put them in jar tomorrow and check RH.

Yeah I got mini ones that actually fit the jar mate lol 

@Military Grade

• Like 1

@Military Grade yes mate. I know it’s not the best living environment 

no heating, windows ain’t fitted right, no hot water(use electric shower) small apartment, so it gets humid quickly. Sometimes 100% when using tumble dryer & running bath at same time lol 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 1