A More Convenient Form Of Neem Oil?

MindSoup

@MindSoup apparently you can mix and spray or make a tea, but ive yet to do that with it, i lightly dusted the bottom leaves and stem of a few plants for thrips + top dressed + sbpi and no more thrips or knats!  

im going to top dress some vegging plants today for fungus knats and when i pot up next add it to the compo mix

got it from those amazonian people

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I sometimes cover the top of the pot with an old t-shirt when doing a good spray down and sometimes I don’t lol 

can’t say if I’ve seen a difference or not dude 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 1:42 PM, MindSoup said:

Oh right lol I think I've seen that while I've been googling but wasn't sure if it would hurt my beneficials as well. 

my thrips / flies seem to be immune to neem ,

Thankfully mine aren't lol. Early days but I think I've seen the back of them now. I've given everything in the veg box a good trim and removed most of the thrippy leaves so should be able to see if the new growth is clear.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, MindSoup said:

@Shumroom no mate I haven't, I'll have a look. I was using neem meal as a top dress for a bit but that didn't seem to be effective.

I have had varied results when top dressing neem meal, I think it's now environmental percentages helping it work, or not if that makes sense :doh:

• Like 1

Citric acid 

2 teaspoons per litre of water. 

instant knock down and organic and has no detrimental effect in buds when in flower either. 

Always test on plant lower down to see if mix is too strong. 

citric acid is generally the #1 ingredient in most OMRI organic pest control products followed by neem or garlic. 

• Like 2