Curing in plastic

latitude54

Awesome mate, yeah I use to be right into sous vide cooking so got a decent machine and loads of bags and rolls. Ive got grove bags left over from my first grow but I don't think (maybe wishful thinking lol) that I will have enough for this upcoming harvest so I will be able to do some side-by-side comparisons between my sous vide bags and the grove bags. Cheers for the tip bud:yep:

• Like 2

@KC I hate it when 1 mate in particular does that, 'guess what weed that is' he says, and its always bloody nicer than mine and always turns out to be a bit ive made, cheeky fucker tried to sell me some once when I'd run out and when he let slip it was a bit of my previous I soon put paid to that

:bong:

• Like 2

I use a big plastic sealed tub but u can’t beat the glass kilner jars there deffo the best, those grove bags r good but u gotta heat seal um for um to work proper and the weed better be dryed properly using them 

Food grade plastics are:

Natural grade Nylon 6 & 6.6 (without additives)
Acetal
UHMWPE
Polypropylene
Polyester (PET)
PVDF
PEEKPTFE

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 4

@Should Know Betterer This was quite funny really as I always slate the weed he brings around, it was some internet overpriced shit usually but I thought fair play this is really nice. I asked him what it was and he called me a cunt lol 

• Like 5

Regarding plastics. I would note that it if you want it completely air-proof. it needs to be that metallised silvery plastic stuff.

guys i use a blue/clear 5l plastic tupperware from Stressco's with the 4 clip locks on it for about two years now. never has a smell comes out of it nor is there a problem with static. If there is a problem with static then dont bone dry your weed and use the boveda packs like we all should do :)

The right plastic container does rightly for if there was a smell she'd be straight onto me about it and she has the smell of a bloodhound 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rumplestilskin'n said:

and use the boveda packs like we all should do :)

I've seen people mention they ruin the weed. I've never used one so can't comment on that myself.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KC said:

I've seen people mention they ruin the weed. I've never used one so can't comment on that myself.

Or they have come to expect a certain smell and bovedas alter that expectation.

• Like 3

really? ill keep an eye on it, or should i say nose :)

thanks guys

ps them grove bags or whatever they're called so the business 

Edited by rumplestilskin'n