Highly RH

latitude54

We’ve had torrential rain most of the day. I’ve just been out to the shed to check my drying plants and RH is at 80% (@16 degrees). This is the highest it’s been in there since I chopped the plants 7 days ago. 

I’ve got a fan in there circulating air which currently points at the wall. Would it be ok to adjust the fan to blow directly at the plants while RH is so high? 

Or maybe I could open the door for an hour to get some fresh cool air in? Would that help? 

Edited by latitude54

if you leave them in the shed without extraction they WILL rot, i'm speaking from experience

i'm struggling to dry mine indoors with extraction and my rh is 70+%

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

I dried my Cream Mandy in the shed with no issues.. Although that was 3 weeks ago when temps and humidity were working in my favour. 

Assuming that I can't move the plants out of the shed, what's the best cause of action?

For clarification this is what's hanging in the shed (taken a week ago):

large_gpf.jpg

Edited by latitude54

If they have been hanging week already then you are about 50-60% along the road. What’s the issue in the shed -temperature or humidity?

can you not just dry em in the tent grew you them in, light off, extraction still on. for sake two weeks it's better to have quality dried bud rather then hay. 

gl

• Like 1

@Alys I’m just concerned that the RH has jumped up from low 60s to 80. It’s my first grow so not sure how to manage the change. 

@growinggold they were grown outdoors so no tent or light to turn off I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

How about drying them on strings in a big cardboard box.  Cardboard will absorb lots of moisture. Passive in and duct out to extractor.  

• Like 1

Does the shed have airflow or just a circulation fan?

Just pushing the same damp air around probably isn't helping, air exchange is vital 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@BilgePump There’s no dedicated hole for intake. However, it’s an old farm shed so there are numerous finger sized gaps in the panels that let air flow in.. Especially on the side that’s open to fields. You can definitely feel a breeze in there with the door shut. 

worth noting,. The shed is dry & rot free. 

Edited by latitude54

Next season I’ll hopefully be setting up some proper drying space in the loft, with control over the RH, temp etc..,

1 hour ago, Alys said:

Well its going in the right direction but ideally needs to be under 60% if you are to avoid the dreaded rot.

it’s been in the low/mid 50s this last week. Only yesterday it jumped 

• Like 1

I have known people hang these in a cardboard box (as I suggested above) and place a big tray of cat litter at the bottom of the box to absorb the moisture.

• Like 1