Extraction into same room

unity

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I vent into the same room and never had it cause any problems.

yes but you have 0.60x0.60.....so im not surprized... at times an open window in summer is then oke...

tc has...  1.20 X 2.40 in a  3.00x3.00  room

thats a very big difference in heat and water amounts to give to plants....condensation and mould problems to the property... :( 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

@DutchFox You make a good point.

13 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

yes but you have 0.60x0.60.....so im not surprized... at times an open window in summer is then oke...

Funny enough I've not opened the window once to date since moving into this placelol , I just open the bedroom door if it was ever needed in the summer and let the air con take care of the it, we also have some big floor fans that help shift air around the home so it makes the air con and dehumidifier more efficient:yep:

• Like 2

I forgot to add the most important bit of context as to why I don't open my bedroom window,  I have a phobia of spiders :fear:lol

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I vent into the same room and never had it cause any problems.

what size is your tent / room tho? How do you handle the humidity?

• Like 1

Aye, for a small setup in a well ventilated / draughty room, no problem. Bigger the setup, poorer the ventilation, you are going to have issues! Also at this time of year, condensation is much more likely due to cold air outside, wind chill, etc.

• Like 3

Just now, unity said:

what size is your tent / room tho? How do you handle the humidity?

Ignore me mate I over looked how big the plans were, my bad :doh:

• Like 1

I extracted a 1.2m tent into the same small room last year. I did have some issues with grey mould. I've have since cracked the window open. I need to find a solution for insulating the room.

You need some exterior venting IMHO.

• Like 2

@unity that 10" will last ages, I'm still using a carbo air 6" that ive had for 3 years. can't you pop up into the loft now and then and just smell the end?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 17/10/2022 at 8:12 PM, Lux_Interior said:

I extracted a 1.2m tent into the same small room last year. I did have some issues with grey mould. I've have since cracked the window open. I need to find a solution for insulating the room.

You need some exterior venting IMHO.

I’m currently exhausting into the same room. It’s an unoccupied house. I’m starting to see some deficiencies on my leaves. Could this be caused by the same stale air being recirculated into the tent?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2022 at 8:36 PM, darksecrets999 said:

I’m currently exhausting into the same room. It’s an unoccupied house. I’m starting to see some deficiencies on my leaves. Could this be caused by the same stale air being recirculated into the tent?

Possibly. I experienced Powdery Mildew in similar circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hopscotch123 said:

Room size? Dehumidifier?

Cheers

Roughly 4m x 3m room, 60x60 tent

A Meaco 20L Platinum Range Low Energy dehumidifier

My original comment is not in thread context as I misread the topic at the time, but in the context of my own grow set up

:yep:

On 17/10/2022 at 7:31 PM, Military Grade said:

Ignore me mate I over looked how big the plans were, my bad :doh:

• Like 1