Extraction into same room

unity

Hi all,

So after a long ass unplanned break, I'm finally getting my shit put back together. I plan to run a single 1.2 X 2.4 in a room which is maybe 3x3, give or take.

Previously I ran duct up to attic via a hole in ceiling, but with the exhaust out of sight, I have little / no idea or control over the state of my filter, it could expire and the first I might know if when the smell reaches outside.

So, I'm thinking of extracting out of the tent direct into the room, with a dehumidifier in the room to keep things in check.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I'm only thinking I may need to add CO2, but hopefully not for just one tent.

• Like 3

The humidity will be killer....you will want one funky arsed sized dehumidifier or just full spunk it on A/C.

nether seem a good idea when you could get a new CF for the price of electricity let alone the cost of the equipment  

:yep:

Great to see you back brother 

:yinyang:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

If you can remove glass above doors you can use some cheap material like Styrofoam to cover area where glass was and poke a hole,you can seal it with expending foam whatever it's called.

• Like 2

Apologies, I may have made my point poorly, in no way am i asking or questioning growing owt without a fan / filter - I've got a new mountain air 10" fan & filter waiting to get hooked up.  My concern is more over not really knowing the state of the cf once I start using it - it's too out of sight, out of mind up in the attic.

Hence I was thinking about bringing it into the one room, so once the filter starts to wear out, I'd get a more immediate notice.

• Like 1

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

If you can remove glass above doors you can use some cheap material like Styrofoam to cover area where glass was and poke a hole,you can seal it with expending foam whatever it's called.

Not practical mate, I live in a small house, 2 rooms up, 2 rooms down.  My top front is where I can work.  there's a small cupboard in the corner which I put a hole in the top of, with fan & duct in the attic.

If I exhausted out of the room into the house I'd lose the stealth option, which it has to maintain.

• Like 1

use ....an    Y-  pipe....

so part of exit-air goes outside in the world and part of the air goes in the area where your tent is....there you can smell when air is smelling....

also this way...part of the warmth is recycled in the room.......and yes use a dehumidifier too

Y Pipes by SpinTech

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

Just now, DutchFox said:

use ....an    Y-  pipe....

so part of exit-air goes outside in the world and part of the air goes in the area where your tent is....there you can smell when air is smelling....

also this way...part of the warmth is recycled in the room.......and yes use a dehumidifier too

hmmm...that might just work, i'd need to move the fan down into the room and then use the Y split, sending half up and half in to the room.

That actually sounds like a pretty good plan :yep:

• Like 4

and use also this and you can push the air....more or less in to the room where your tent is...  :)

Air Spiralo regelklep 125MM KLM

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 3

Just now, DutchFox said:

and use also this and you can push the air....more or less in to the room where your tent is...  :)

Air Spiralo regelklep 125MM KLM

What's one of those called?  I've prob already got a Y spilt, but not seen them before

dunno technical english that well.....thats why i showed a picture....you can manually alter the blade position....

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

I vent into my bathroom, that way I'm the 1st to know when the filter needs changing. The extractor fan and ducting is in the loft. A variac controlled fan is essential,ime along with a window cleaners mop,for wiping the condensation down from the ceiling on the real cold mornings,maybe not ideal but works for me.

Top tip use a good quality wipeable paint on the bathroom walls and ceiling.

• Like 2