Wet vs Dry Trim

latitude54

I dry trim, cos I'm lazy and wet trimming is just a pain in the arse, I find it far easier to hang up the whole plants to dry (minus the big shade leaves) and then sort the rest out when they are done.

• Like 2

Dry trim. Always and forever. Better product. 

Then Trimbag, then final whittle. Done. Saves time and trichomes. :yep:

large.2.jpg

large.IMG_2462.jpg

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 1

@MidgeSmith Yes it does take a few off but the thing is they build up on the end of the brush and make decent finger hash. Plus I do my dry trimming over a trim bin so its not really lost if it gets knocked off - it just gets sifted.

It used to take me several evenings to trim up my 4x4 harvest - usually, 3 nights and I like to do it at night in the tent doorway with the fans up to keep the stink down. As the trim brush is a lot faster it helps as I can make short work of a stem. Some strains I still trim with scissors (especially if they have a good calyx to leaf ratio) but those strains with lots of little leaves its really great for - you kinda knock the leaves off without brushing the buds as such. You don't have to be that rough!

For folks with arthritis and other ailments, I'll bet it's a godsend.

• Like 3

Wet cut for me 100% the last week I start stripping the leaves off when watering end up being short run over trimpro and done. Watched a mate the other night who had dried his fully then put it in the bags you shake looked ok afterwards but not keen on smashing my bud round like that .

• Like 1

Wet trimmed for the first 6 years and now a year of dry trimming, and I wouldn't go back. I find it far less time consuming dry trimming, less smelly and a better end product. 

The drying fridge seems to be the way forward. 

• Like 3

Same as @Linch - many years of wet trimming and sometimes over drying by mistake - since switching to just hanging whole plant its been much easier to slow down the dry and get a much nicer end result.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 4

I insist that Mrs P dry trims all our smoke, she'll happily agree it's both quicker and the final product is better, only thing she grumbles about is less scissor hash lol

:yinyang:

• Like 2

It’s my first year too but so far I’ve been wet trimming. Purely because I can do most of it on site and have less plant material to transport through public which can be a worry 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

@MidgeSmith Yes it does take a few off but the thing is they build up on the end of the brush and make decent finger hash. Plus I do my dry trimming over a trim bin so its not really lost if it gets knocked off - it just gets sifted.

It used to take me several evenings to trim up my 4x4 harvest - usually, 3 nights and I like to do it at night in the tent doorway with the fans up to keep the stink down. As the trim brush is a lot faster it helps as I can make short work of a stem. Some strains I still trim with scissors (especially if they have a good calyx to leaf ratio) but those strains with lots of little leaves its really great for - you kinda knock the leaves off without brushing the buds as such. You don't have to be that rough!

For folks with arthritis and other ailments, I'll bet it's a godsend.

@DeltaMelter Sounds good to me.

I trim over paper but only loose a few of trichs and to be honest, I don't miss them anyway, my only fear is that it will be less aromatic if I am honest.  MOst weed is strong enough to medicate me :)
I just wish the brush wasn't expensive - for a silicone brush, but I'm still game.  Cheers for the reply bud!

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1