how often do you feed??????

RUFUS HOUND

Hi all, after some disappointing grows Im beginning to think Im feeding my girls to often.

I dont feed for first 3 weeks at least, as the compost takes care of that but after that I feed at every watering with chempak No.2 for veg  & then No. 8 for flower.

Im not using massive concentrations or anything like that, I start low at 200ppm and then gradually increase to 800/1000ppm and never venture beyond that.

I wondering if the salts are building up - sorry I dont test run off as I have a small tent and its hign on impossible when they are in flower.

Sorry forgot to add my water is very low in mg so I add a pinch of epsom to bring the cal:mg ratio closer to 3:1 as it is 10:1 from the tap

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

hiya rufus bach.   as a rule to thumb there`s no answer to your question as no to enviroments are the same :fear:  tbh a general rule to thumb is read the plants + adjust the feeds according to their diet / stage of growth/ bloom ? :magic:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
fukin heads gone on the brandy.
  • Like 3

Not sure, maybe try a different feed if you've always used the chempak stuff. 

ETA. One for what I'm assuming is soft water

Edited by bushdoc
  • Like 2

Just commented on your Joshua diary mate. Well actually I started writing the comment a day or so ago and then got distracted lol. As you know I'm a bumbling fool and far from an expert, but I don't think it's your feed regime that's causing any issues, although saying that when people say you don't need feed for the first few weeks, what they should probably say is that you don't need to feed until the plant is such a size as to have depleted the soil of most of its nutrients, so the fact that they're still quite small might mean you started to feed a bit early. 

I definitely wouldn't be worrying about PH....  

Blah blah something about no till blah blah so much easier blah blah lol.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

@thekingofobsoletehey up bud,  watch out for that brandy - orrible hangover juice hows the head lol 

I keep an eye on them and back off if the tips start to burn but my girls never seem to grow very tall.

I always LST to fill what little space I have and my tent is only140cm tall but they never get tall enough to worry about that . Maybe I should just bend em over to get the side shots going and let em loose. 

Buds are always quite good quality and theres lots of em but no height - ts sending me a bit mental to be honest as I dont really know what the fuck Im doing wrong.

I will start trying with a change to tom feed and I will only do it every other watering and see how it goes

@blackpoolbouncer here a pic of my current grow

2 rear are og kush, right one is coming up 7 weeks and is 1 week older than the other and flowered at week 3, the other just started to flower at week 5 and is 6 weeks

the other 3 are @brock1 joshua

large.63321fa3dc75a_BrokJoshuaday25.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bushdoc said:

Not sure, maybe try a different feed if you've always used the chempak stuff. 

ETA. One for what I'm assuming is soft water

The water company report actually says my water is moderately hard lol 

13 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I will start trying with a change to tom feed and I will only do it every other watering and see how it goes

Pretty much everyone feeds every time they irrigate so I doubt thats going to be the problem. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the confirmation @MindSoup- I just wanted to know what was "normal practice" I didnt want to be killing them with kindness

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

Hand feed 3x a day over the 12/12 cycle 

Growing in coco so never ever let them dry or build up on EC so need regular waterings

Lights on 8am feed 8.30 then again at 12.30 and 4.30 give or take 30mim changes depending on how my day is going.

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

Are they autos? What light have you got them under?What temp are the pavers?

The back rhs one looks really dry and they look like big pots for such small plants....

• Like 1

coco growing so bit different to compost.

automated drippers.

veg can be watered every 2 to 3 days until roots are established

start out early flower 1 feed a day at lights on for 60 seconds. this soon starts to be added to so twice over the 12 hour lights on period for 60 seconds. Now at 4 weeks im watering at 10pm, 2am and 6am for 45 seconds a piece, enough run off without wasting nutes and not drying out, even with dehumidifier running full pelt

2 hours ago, Mr mcgregor said:

Are they autos? What light have you got them under?What temp are the pavers?

The back rhs one looks really dry and they look like big pots for such small plants....

Hi, sorry, some details might be in order

yes they are AUTOS

Lght is 170W quantum board - well actually 2 x 85W boards (full spectrum with IR and UV chips)  running at 50 DLI / 700 ppfd

Pots are 8L except the bucket with is 12L but filled short so approx 8 to 9L 

They were all due a water - photo was taken last weekbut that one top right has 1" sand on top as had a prolem with gnats

temps 18 to 28

humidity 55 to 60

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

Are they all the same age roughly? Front three look quite small if so. Look healthy enough otherwise.

Are you using 18/6? 20/4? 24/0?

Some auto strains behave differently in different lighting regimes in my experience. If you're looking for faster growth, up the hours of light from whatever using just now.