RUFUS HOUND

Day 9

2 of the MAC are going great but one appears to have stalled and hasnt grow much at all over the last week.

Not sure why, it has been in the same enviroment as the other 2 but this was the last one to break the surface, so suspect it was the curly rooted one as it took 2 days longer to sprout

I'll stick with her for now as its early days

large.6341eeb1503cc_MACday9.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

Well the little didnt make it so I removed it to have a gander at the roots

As you can see theres bugger all, and its withered at the end - looks like it could be a bit of damping off

large.634574ab3f9ec_MAC.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

the 2 MAC are coming along nicely 

I havent fed them yet, just waiting for them to tell me when they want it.

large.634dafb2a039c_MACday17a.jpglarge.634dafb101560_MACday17.jpg

• Like 5

Those 2 are coming along nicely. 

I might be tempted to ease the pot off to check the root development :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for dropping by, theres been lots going on recently so a bit of an update: 

Ive repotted the 2 mac and crack into 15L fabric pots containing clover multipurpose mixed with about 1/3 vermiculite and they have been moved over to the new larger tent and sat on a "heated sand bed".

In a nutshell its 6m heated cable (90W) looped back and forth and buried under damp sharp sand (kept damp by pot runoff). this is all contained in a grow bag tray (100x40cm) that is approx 2 inch deep. I was going to use this as a stop gap before getting thee titan tray @BilgePump mentioned but its working beautifully so far, took a few hours to get the temp up then the heating cable only needs to "top up " the heat every now and then.

When I get round to it I will sit tray on 2 inch of polystyrene sheet to isolate it from the floor but using a bit of foiled foam laminate underlay for now, that sould help the heat loss to the floor.

The inkbird T308 is set at 24'C with the temperature probe buried down to an inch from the pot base - sand bed temp confirmed with the temperature gun 

large.635dd837a8bef_tennt4.jpg

the tent "set up"

large.635dd83c0f9f4_newtenttop.jpg

the lighting - decided to chuck in the spare 65W with the 2 x 85W quantum "style" boards for about 200W

large.635dd83682300_tent5.jpg

Mac & Crack (rhs) in their new square pots, settling in to their new spacious digs

large.635dd838ef03c_tent3.jpg

• Like 4

DAY 30 - Forgot to add the MAC have been bent over and the first flowers are forming - feeding them 3ml/L tomato food (approx 700ppm) and still correcting ph to 6.5 ish 

I was limited with space this time but in future I will pot up at week 2, week 3 is a bit late.

I'll wait a few days for the compost to settle and top up the levels, they both have plenty of truck showing to take a another few inch

large.635e924d7cc9d_MACday30.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

On 28/10/2022 at 9:51 AM, Seedstockers-Mark said:

Looking good so far mate  :yep:

Will keep dropping by as you update  :headbang:

Kind regards  :bong:

Cheers Mark, it takes me a bit of time to get the diaries up but getting there, TBL next - speaking of which when is the pot noodle starting as I've got no space till december earliest 

• Like 1

I noticed the plant on the right has glossy darker green leaves - sign of high N2 - possibly down to going into fresh compost and it getting access to extra N2, so I wont worry about it.

The sand bed is working spot on controlling the root zone temp  @ 25'C with the inkbird.  Tested the other pots and the temp is surprisingly consistent all over the sand bed with no obvious hot spots.

Humidity is running a bit high (70%) and the tent air temps a bit low so need to tweak that upwards.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

Day 37 or thereabouts - did a little LST to try and spread the branches out a little as there quite tightly bunched 

Ive knocked off the 65W board and increased the 2x85W boards upto the filter/fan to try and induce a bit of stretching plus been watching a bit of shane on migrow and he recommends ppfd 550 max for autos so Im giving it a try - early days but the joshua seems to responding well to it but its early days 

Also changed the inkbirds temperature probe to one of the smaller pots (joshua) as I figured they are going to heat up fa4stest.

large.6368618b91ac4_MACday37.jpg

• Like 4

Topped up the Mac and crack soil level.

Humidity 50 to 60%

Light schedule = 20/4

Root zone temp = 24'C (Heated sand bed on inkbird)

PPFD = 400 (increased light height to induce stretch - I will run it for a week to see if it helps but it maybe a little late in the day ie stretch finished)

Watering = 1.5L each with 3ml Tomato feed per litre every 2 to 3 days (I did try 4ml / Litre but got some serious tip burn/clawing so backed off a ml

Noticing magnesium deficiency on one of the Joshua so will add a pinch epsom salt to feed solution to counter act for a few waters. 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Day 57 update:

chopped one of the MAC (needs must), the other I will grown on for a week or so more

Light 20/4 = 600ppfd (increased light height)

Feed = 3ml tom feed per litre every 2 days 

epsom spray at lights out 2 x week

Air Temps = lights on  30'C / lights off 22'C

Root temp = 24'C sand bed controlled by inkbird 308

Humidity = 50 to 70%

large.638549f73a18e_MACday55.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2