RUFUS HOUND

Howdy folks, welcome to my diary for Seedstockers Mac & Crack Autofower kindly donated by @Seedstockers-Mark 

Ive popped 3 MAC seeds into a glass containing 1% hydrogen peroxide (made by diluting 12% HP with warm water at 20'C ) and allowed to soak in the airing cupboard @ approx 23'C

After 48hrs the seeds had sank (with a tap from a finger), the seeds were removed from the soaking solution and placed onto a damp piece of kitchen towel.

The towel was folded over to cover the seeds, placed in sealed tupperware container and put back in the airing cuboard @ approx 23'C.

I didnt expect much progress, so didnt check for 48hrs - after opening the paper towel I was in for a bit of a suprise.

Ive never seen anything like it, massively long tap roots, one was 2 inch long after 48hrs - unreal :headbang:

large.633388dbb3534_MACseeds.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

This run Im changing my feed from chempak to tomato feed, namely Big Tom 

NPK = 6-3-9.5 with added magnesium and iron and seaweed.

I have been advised I can use tom feed throughout the grow in soil for both veg and flower but I only usually start feeding on the 4th week of veg as the compost takes care of the feeding till then. I always have the chempak No.2 in reserve if it needs a nitrogen boost.

I ve done a test solution using 1/2 & 3ml in 1 litre of my tap water

my tap water=150ppm with pH=7

1ml / Litre = 387ppm 

2ml / Litre = 645ppm

3ml / Litre = 871ppm

obviously each of these include the 150ppm for the water - so the feed is actually the above readings minus 150ppm but from now on when I gave reading it will be the solution including the water not just the feed.

This 1.9L bottle cost less than £4 (selling off as summer over) and if adequate will keep me going for the next year lol bargaintastic

As my water is very Calcium heavy (waterboard test result 10:1 / ca:mg ratio) I will water between feeds with plain tap water with a pinch of epsom salts to keep magnesium deficiency at bay 

large.633388dc89003_tomatofeed.jpg

• Like 4

the npk info

large.633390f97b616_bigtomrear.jpg

Seeds were planted in 1/2 litre pots to get them going and bagged up to get keep the humidiy high until they break the surface

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

Good luck with the Mac and Crack :alien2:

I've got some of these in photoperiod Regs,

I'm thinking about for my next run maybe doing half and half with them and the Triton Biscotto Lime.

I'll be following along :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

thanks @OldFord, @Shumroom will be interesting to see how these grow concidering how fast they germed.

Must get my new 120x60 tent sorted as I am quickly running out of space.

Any of you guys use tomato feed  in the past - anything to watch out for ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

thanks @OldFord, @Shumroom will be interesting to see how these grow concidering how fast they germed.

Must get my new 120x60 tent sorted as I am quickly running out of space.

Any of you guys use tomato feed  in the past - anything to watch out for ?

I have used numerous non canna feeds through the years ,  the only off the shelf i had awesome results with was RJ Flower Power from the 3 letter tv shopping ch.   

The flower power i have used on seedlings through to grape vines, cacti and everything in between with great results .     Anything in my gallery from 2 years ago and further back was all done on Flower Power :yep:     Cheap and use it on any plant, shrub , tree 

Will be watching with interest after Shumrooms grow & Sams  grow of SS autos  ,  i have ran the fems but not done an SS auto as of yet.    

• Like 3

Im thinking that perhaps I shouldnt feed at every watering (like I have been doing) and alternate between water and water/feed. 

When I was speaking to @brock1 about feeding he recommended not giving feed constantly, maybe only once a week, less is more as they say., what are you guys and gals doing.

on a similar subject 

When Ive pH'ed the soil in my other grow it settled about 6.5, when Ive ph my feed solution it was 6.0 (at 800ppm chempalk feed solution) so a little low - I dont measure runoff as I got no room to be shifting pots about..

Now I know soil is supposed to be self buffering but if my feed solution is 6.0 should I add a little bicarb to bump it upto 6.5?

Ive tested the tom feed in solution and its pH =7.2 at 3ml/litre so Im going to have to bring that down to 6.5 - or shouldnt I bother as its in soil 

sorry about all the questions but just trying to iron out a few kinks in my methods.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

@Shumroom Clover MP 

I haven't tried it myself as I can't find it locally, 

but you really shouldn't have to make any deliberate pH adjustments to your feed. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

sorry for the late reply @Shumroom  cheers - I know in theory I shouldnt but Ive got a ph meter and lemon juice / bicarb so going to give it a go - its not that much bother and it will take it out of the equation.

All 3 have now sprouted and are sitting in the tent under ppfd 250

large.633a34af11099_MACseedlingday2.jpg

• Like 3