Hello!! New Sponsor To The Forum!

ControlLED

@JonDaMon  I intend to get pretty much the full quoted 60,000 hours(that's nearly 7 years if run 24 hours per day, but it won't) use from my Lumatek Zeus 600W pro,

I'm not "big time",

i am a fairly heavy using medical consumer of cannabis.

As mentioned by others,

the budget market is saturated and often confusing for the customer.

If you're prepared to make an investment then go for a quality brand,

if not just stick with HPS.

You can't expect a company to try to cover all budgets.

I'd rather a company did what they did well instead of trying to keep everyone happy.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I'm sure if you prayed really really hard and said enough Hail Marys'...:wassnnme:

:rofl::rofl:

Either that or become a choir boy...

Although that one is quite time sensitive and the window may well have passed lol

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

@Shumroom

i agree but they basically only make 1 panel!

it wouldn’t take much to reduce the panel size by half to offer something around 400w though :smokin:

Didn't dailaduck find the smaller units are just too much money to produce...the ballast cost was it???

(I still have that bloody 100w meter odd long thing sat in the corner doing nothing.....was thinking of using it for a little side lighting this run)

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Just now, zen-ken said:

Didn't dailaduck find the smaller units are just too much money to produce...the ballast cost was it???

dunno I don’t make LED panels lol  I just use em lol  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonDaMon said:

@zen-ken 

seeing meanwell 240 divers for around £117 retail. 

so most likely around £75 wholesale. 

Then add in the little screen and the changes to spectrum etc.....the lower wattage models just don't offset the cost of the rest of it...not when mars etc are banging out a new fixture each year for a quarter of the price.

• Like 3

tbf @JonDaMon I don't think they are aiming at the budget home growing market lollol 

49 satellite sites.....50x830=41.5kw 

You will have to go some to convince me thats for personal grows lollol 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zen-ken said:

I still have that bloody 100w meter odd long thing sat in the corner doing nothing.....was thinking of using it for a little side lighting this run

i've found that idea for a kitchen cupboard nursery light (i did have to drill a hole in one of the cabinet sides to fit it in lol )

also it's ideal to use if you happen to have some shorter plants that are a fair way away from the main light, damn those multi-strain grows!

• Like 4

@ratdog I found some gorgeous Samsung LM301H EVO's strips.....I could always bastardise the heat sinks and hook them up to one ballast instead of running multiple little things lollol 

The problem with buying one little fixture at a time....poorer efficiency and loads of unnecessary wiring.

The one ring to rule them all lol 

• Like 2

we are in the process of bringing some smaller more hobby friendly lights to our range guys :) watch this space :D 

• Like 8