Circulation pump in tank?

Bobcharlieeeee

i have a 47l tank for my auto pots

what size circulation pump do i need? also how often should i have the timer set to come on? 

48 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

what size circulation pump do i need? also how often should i have the timer set to come on?

I don't use at all (growing in coco with CANNA A/B) - no issues. Topping up every 6-7 days 20L and use pump just to mix nutes. If you go organic route then as @rumplestilskin'n wrote! 

Edited by CDF20
Grammar

large.449B4FDA-0339-490A-94B3-6653816EDB40.jpegI have a 60L reservoir and use a 2000LPH wave maker aimed towards the surface of the res. 

i run it 24 hours a day when I’m growing. 

Little one just above the big pump. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JonDaMon said:

Little one just above the big pump. 

Thats the badger.....if your feeling DIY ....

I made a 'float' for the old one for it to hang from and stop the vibration, before I got the magnetic Eheim....that way it stays at the level as the water drops :yep:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

Thats the badger.....if your feeling DIY ....

I made a 'float' for the old one for it to hang from and stop the vibration, before I got the magnetic Eheim....that way it stays at the level as the water drops :yep:

pre tell?

was it ping pong ball related? I have been thinking lol  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonDaMon said:

pre tell?

was it ping pong ball related? I have been thinking lol  

One of lads secured his at the bottom with twine....I forget who now.

I used a piece of the one the kids 'floaty' things lol that way it doesn't keep finding its way to the sides :yep:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

One of lads secured his at the bottom with twine....I forget who now.

I used a piece of the one the kids 'floaty' things lol that way it doesn't keep finding its way to the sides :yep:

to be fair though I don’t hear it when it’s running and my grow room is right above the stairs right by my front door lol  

something for me to think about though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

@CDF20 im going to be using Growers ark nutes mate, you recon i could get away without a circulation pump then? 

Yes, mate. Just like I mentioned before clean tank and aquavalves every 10-14 days and you should be fine.

I gave up on cleaning to be honest and can't see any sludge or slime - all synthetic dissolved so I believe GA be same as CANNA.

By the way you can buy this pump to stir nutes in tank - very handy.

500 L/H SUBMERSIBLE WATER AQUARIUM PUMP WITH FLOW CONTROLLER (should bring you to all pond solutions site). 

Price £9.89

What size pots and how many modules are you going to use with single tank?

I have 2 single (separate tank for each module as I am testing timer) modules fitted with 8l plastic pots and one easy2grow module with 11l fabric pots (managed to fit them in) fabric takes nutes faster so I have to fill the tank up every 4-5 days. I am filling tanks when the empty - literally and sometimes cleaning the bottom of the tank with wet cloth , that's it

Edited by CDF20
Grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

@zen-ken Thanks! look alittle overkill however, im looking for something cheaper than that!lol

A little pricey isn't it lollollol mines sat in a 200l water butt 'top up' tank so it was worth it tbf as my medium is water and I cant chill the top up :yep: 

(in full flow it will nail this tank in a week)

The vibrations were sending me nuts and being amplified by the tank if attached it to the side without the float,  so I went for the streamon+...the magnetic clip is a god send :yep: zero vibration.

@JonDaMon has the kiddy in that picture....around the £15 quid mark.....(Eheim for anything when a workhorse is required :yep: - you wont find much argument on here - ze germans still make the best gear with Hailea for budget but quality Chinese options imho)

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Here's my floating circulating pump, it's only a small one about 350 ltr per hr pointing downwards, suspended by a small plastic bottle secured with a cable tie.

The bottle is part filled with water so it's suspended just below the surface which deadens any noise...pretty much silent when operating.

large.SSCN1829.JPGlarge.SSCN1831.JPGlarge.SSCN1830.JPGlarge.SSCN1828.JPG

• Like 15