Make Your Own Decarbed Capsules Using A DIY Decarbox.

Pepe Ramon

Top tip: use a roasting bag to decarb your weed. Tie a knot in the open end after putting weed in. Preferably ground beforehand. Let cool after taking from oven before opening. No smell, lower loss of volatile compounds. :yep:

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Crow River said:

Top tip: use a roasting bag to decarb your weed. Tie a knot in the open end after putting weed in. Preferably ground beforehand. Let cool after taking from oven before opening. No smell, lower loss of volatile compounds. :yep:

How do you get the temperature probe in if you tie a knot in the end? :skin_up:

• Like 1

Well I suppose if you want to monitor the internal temperature of the bag you would need to seal it another way, using a wire tie for example, or even string, so your probe could be in the bag but the open end can still be closed.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, Crow River said:

Well I suppose if you want to monitor the internal temperature of the bag you would need to seal it another way, using a wire tie for example, or even string, so your probe could be in the bag but the open end can still be closed.

lol 

I managed to do 70 OOO caps in 10 minutes today. That includes filling each with 1ml of infused mct. That bits probably pointless but it makes it look nice and gooey inside lol 

I think that's my personal best.

Edited by KC
that does say 70 triple 0 btw not 70000
  • Like 6

On 20/11/2022 at 0:54 PM, Crow River said:

Exactly how i thought ,but thought better of postinglol:yinyang:Atb

• Like 3

Got a filling machine a white ago stuffed the batch I finished yesterday with a much decarbed weed as possible. 2 am couldn’t sleep so took two caps I’m quite new to this and everyone’s tolerance is different I know had to ring in this morning and pull a sicky to get out of work it’s now at 3-30pm I’m starting to feel slight normal is this the norm for folk . lollol 

• Like 7

@Devon Cream I gave some to my ex the other week and she said she felt stoned in the morning. I do find having edibles just before bed is a bad idea for me, I wake up all groggy.

I hope you made the most of the day anyway, I do love a good skive lol

• Like 7

9 hours ago, 5Lip said:

I find I enjoy the experience more when taking them on a full stomach.

Never crossed my mind to try that. Have always only taken when empty, hangover from lemon tek probably. Will have to give it a go. 

Agreed re next day effects if taken too late in the day, very 'fuzzy' the following morning. 

• Like 4

This is great, I've barely any experience in this area so the simple how-to dead useful. Thanks @Arbre Medicinal.

Those that know: Would this vaporise - remove -  practically all the stuff that's not the high?

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

Would this vaporise - remove -  practically all the stuff that's not the high?

different cannabinoids break down / convert at different temps and i think this decarb process was first performed in a lab concentrating on thc and cbd?

all the early medical experiments (by westerners) were performed using hash/oil

but fresh/raw cannabis has many medical uses too, some many times more effective than when weeds decarbed

if you imagine a rev counter from 0 to 500, medical and recreational (all the same to me) effects happen as the rev needle goes up as the cannabinoids convert (age/heat) they effect the body differently

from eating raw unconverted cannabinoids through to decarbed, it all has an effect 

different cannabinoids and terpines ‘vaporise’ at different temps, i don’t know what they all are having only just got into the vaporizer scene but i’m sure theirs a chart somewhere..

• Like 3

I find the stone from edibles much heavier than vaping. I prefer to take them in the evening, about 2 or 3 hours before going to bed. Gives enough time for the effects to kick in and be enjoyed before collapsing into a deep slumber. Yes there is a bit of a "hangover" the next morning, but just a fuzziness, or feeling a bit stoned, not unpleasant like a booze hangover.

I make caps with oil and the weed pulp left over from infusing, but find I have to swallow quite a few to get a decent effect. Recently taken to just having two or three teaspoons of infused coconut oil. Gets me properly blitzed, no itchy throat or tickle cough unlike a heavier vaping session. Combining the two approaches needs to be handled with care! :) 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Crow River said:

. Gives enough time for the effects to kick in

I find I peak about 5 hours in myself, I think you're missing a good bit of fun myself.

• Like 4