Ripped!

Black Venus

Last night some unspeakable cunt(s) got into my garden and stole the tops off my plants. :wallbash:

To give it some context, I'm growing in a private back garden which is reasonably secure and secluded. It has 6ft fences all around and a locked gate at the front. But obviously it's still possible for somebody to climb over if they know the plants are there. Other than a neighbour's security light, I don't (currently) have any other protection. I don't know how they knew the plants were there – could've been spotted from a neighbour's garden, or a neighbour with a loose lip, or maybe they could smell them. No point in speculating because I have no way of knowing. I also don't know which part of the boundary they climbed over – there's no obvious signs. But the gate would be the most obvious place, as all the other fences would only be accessible from within neighbours' gardens (and I've no reason to think the neighbours did this).

The cunts cut the tops off with secateurs or scissors. They left any plants which were really immature, and just took the main colas and bigger side branches. They did everything in the greenhouse and about half the plants in the rest of the garden.

The stupid thing is, most of the plants are only a few weeks into flower. Just little fluffy pom-pom tops with no resin yet. Barely worth smoking. It's just a fucking waste of the love and effort I've put in.

The thing I'm really gutted about is that the plant they stole most of was my precious Smile plant in the greenhouse – one of only two seeds I managed to germinate, and the only one which was a girl. All they've left me with are the lower buds which I'd hand-pollinated – so if I manage to grow the plant to maturity I will just have a few seeded buds – though hopefully at least some seeds for next year. It's so fucking frustrating because the plant was nowhere near ready – the stolen tops are of minimal use to anybody.

On the plus side, there are a few plants they left untouched, either because they didn't see them or couldn't carry them all. Mercifully I still have two out of my three Celia plants, which might make up for losing the Smile. They also left lower branches on all the plants they ripped, so if I can get those plants to maturity then I should still get a few buds.

In 23 years of growing this is the first time this has happened to me. So maybe I've just been lucky. I know lots of you have been through this. But I'd appreciate any tips you lot can give me about what to do now. The priority of course is to save the rest of the crop, in case the cunts decide to come back for it. I'm thinking about security lights, little cameras – even threads of invisible nylon twine for the fuckers to get tangled up in. All advice welcome.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like a neighbour has lose lips . They might be back by sounds of it.  So I'm not sure what to suggest. 

• Like 2

Shotgun blank trip wire set up online it's a kit u buy the metal device that holds the shotgun shell or blank upto you how ur feeling lol .

U gotta get a cartridge tho .

Disclaimer I've not done it seen some1 on here put it up.

Would scare the shit out of them a blank going off when they step on the trip wire.

Or if ur feeling brave enough they might end up like a pasta drainer!

They'll be back.

Get a sheet of marine ply, cut it into 2ft strips, drill a load of self-tapping 6" wood screws through it and place the strips pointy side up along the fence edge then cover them with sheets of newspaper and some leaves. 

Use this arrangement for the screws, with 1" between each screw and 1" between each row;

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

Offset them so each row alternates giving you the best screw per foot coverage. :D 

Ripper fishing. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 18

Trail cam 

order one quick 

alongside any other course of action you decide to take 

at least you will probably get to know who they are.. bound to be back at sum point

sorry to hear 

guidance 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

Many thanks for the suggestions. The only trouble with the booby-trap ideas is that this is a domestic garden – and I have several cats! Whatever I do I will need to make sure it's not something which could injure the cats. Or me, for that matter.

I will order a trail cam. Thanks @Erbman T

• Like 7

Your welcome 

I was new to them myself until this summer.. 

was surprised at effectivity… could see dudes every facial detail.. tattoos, everything … didn’t rip me but was poking about 

was only £50 plus free delivery from eBay

I use sticky glue dots you buy to stick up posters, to stick dry leafs on the front of it …leaving gaps  enough for the cam holes … impressed myself with the cunningness of it

Maybe you could leave some decoys to attract them with fake buds

You will need SD card and batteries same time ok (did for mine)

Good luck 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

aw mate, what a fucker. i was thinking maybe they had a drone and scouted that way?

they might well be back so be careful, and i wouldn't dream of the booby traps, too many animals can get hurt. some tit on here tried that once, then promptly forgot about all the nails he left in a plank of wood near the entrance to his plot, you can guess what the silly prat went and did? ...pop! lol

hope you feel better about it soon mate

• Like 3

Wait 'till they take the lot, then you'll know how ripped feels!! I'd say you'll be needing barbed wire or risk the lot in October..

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ratdog said:

aw mate, what a fucker. i was thinking maybe they had a drone and scouted that way?

they might well be back so be careful, and i wouldn't dream of the booby traps, too many animals can get hurt. some tit on here tried that once, then promptly forgot about all the nails he left in a plank of wood near the entrance to his plot, you can guess what the silly prat went and did? ...pop! lol

hope you feel better about it soon mate

Thanks ratdog. Funny you should mention drones, I thought I heard a drone outside a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, and wondered if somebody might be scouting people's gardens. But I put it down to stoner paranoia. lol

I will be careful not to do anything which might hurt animals – either my own or the wildlife.

37 minutes ago, Erbman T said:

Your welcome 

I was new to them myself until this summer.. 

was surprised at effectivity… could see dudes every facial detail.. tattoos, everything … didn’t rip me but was poking about 

was only £50 plus free delivery from eBay

I use sticky glue dots you buy to stick up posters, to stick dry leafs on the front of it …leaving gaps  enough for the cam holes … impressed myself with the cunningness of it

Maybe you could leave some decoys to attract them with fake buds

You will need SD card and batteries same time ok (did for mine)

Good luck 

Thanks Erbman T, I really appreciate it. I have plenty of trees in the garden to hide stuff in, so I'll see what I can do.

• Like 3

So sorry for you man, in your own garden is unbelievable, ok, so what i would do is get fishing line system rigged up around the garden and hook it up to metal pots and pans, wind chimes, glass bottles etc, anyting that make a sound of calamity, rigg the whole garden, most important the potential access points for intruders. Can even have the line rigged up going to inside the house through a window linked to pots & pans etc. Best of luck bro!! :yinyang:

• Like 4

aluminium baseball bat, fill with molten lead and stick some 9 inch nails thru the dangerous end. 

security light which pages you when it goes off

large angry dog.

claymore mine.

should do it, any of the above

• Like 9

gps trackers are tiny now, sink one into a bigger bud, they steal it then follow the rapscallions to their door..... tell em off or give em hell. 

bet it is a couple of wee ones just looking the mother load

Edited by rumplestilskin'n
  • Like 2

Could be a friend that knew and isn't really a friend at all, from the sounds of it there's no alleyways for randoms to catch a whiff of your plants, and the drone thing does sounds plausible,  there's always shady people working out new ways to steal shit rather than provide it for themselves :wanker:

:bong:

• Like 4