Carbon filter done in 6months?

Bobcharlieeeee

I also had a Rhino Pro Filter 200/400 I got in the start of 2014 - i only needed to replace it this year so they can last a fair bit of time.

• Like 2

I've got a  little rhino pro in the the drying cabinet it's about 3 years old and now needs replacement really, I'll probably go for mountain air.

One of the things to check if theres a smell from the filter is the humidity as high humidity will stop the filter working and can break it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, highgrower said:

I also had a Rhino Pro Filter 200/400 I got in the start of 2014 - i only needed to replace it this year so they can last a fair bit of time.

so glad I’m not the only one who’s experienced this. 

every year I think “this is the year I’ll need to replace it” lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

every year I think “this is the year I’ll need to replace it” lol 

I did think that for the last 3 or 4 years - my first indication it needed replacing was when making some biltong in the drobe and could smell a bit of vinegar when first hanging it up - a few weeks later i could notice a mild smell from the grow and decided it was time to replace it fingers crossed i get a similar length of use out of its replacement.

• Like 1

Had similar with red scorpion and others. 5 years on one.

"Upgraded" to a massive 200 x 600 carboair which I've just had to replace under warranty because it hadn't lasted 6 months. Passing a considerable amount of smell.

Running a 200 x 750 phresh now that I'm hoping should last better. 

Different carbon in carboairs and ino they are wank.

Same people make carboair, rhino and phresh. 

It's only the carboair that uses different carbon.

Never ever again.

You should see at the very least a couple years. If not 3+

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 4

@blackpoolbouncer  Did Carboair make you weigh it ? Did they also say your the only one ?  Just asking as I had two that didn’t do even a  year lol when I got the second replaced they tried to say it’s never happened before even though I using the one they replaced the first time lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

"Upgraded" to a massive 200 x 600 carboair which I've just had to replace under warranty because it hadn't lasted 6 months. Passing a considerable amount of smell.

Ffs I've just installed one of these in me flower tent lol

11 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

@blackpoolbouncer  Did Carboair make you weigh it ? Did they also say your the only one ?  Just asking as I had two that didn’t do even a  year lol when I got the second replaced they tried to say it’s never happened before even though I using the one they replaced the first time lol 

Yea he did try to blame everything but the filter. Basically zero returns. 

Told him that's funny. My mates and I have bought a load from different batches and you've already had to replace one of them and that theres a rather long rerunning thread about issues. 

After explaining the ins and outs he conceded that it couldn't be anything but the filter causing issues. Tbh once we had established that it needed replacing they were very good about the situation and worked very quickly to get a new filter sent out to sort it. 

Often you see issues with carboairs because not enough pressure is on the pellets to make them work. You don't get this issue with most other filters because they use a finer grade which isn't affected by the lower pressure. 

The carboairs flow more freely as a result but yea. I wouldnt ever buy one again.

• Like 3

Another Rhino Pro still going strong here at just over three and a half years

I'm in flower with a very smelly Gelato right now and there's not the faintest hint.

E2A: I blow through my filter outside the drobe.

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Howdi folks.. looking for advice on gear that won't cost a fortune..

So rhino pro extractor and mountain air filter the way to go price wise ? Budget about 150 just for a cupboard grow so not needing anything massive 5inch I'm thinking..