Fort knox - first groom attempt

SleepyTItan

2 hours ago, Grow lady said:

@sleepytalan what you plan on doing for heat sheds are cold and you will need electric heating etc for the temperature and like you say a twin controller happy growing and I look forward to seeing your new room

im currently accumulating all the materials and stuff I need so I can start but it’s a bit of a slog when you’ve got a family to feed.

the heating I’ve yet to buy but I’m looking at a low wattage tubular heater with a thermostat on,I’m hoping my box will be small enough that that’s all I’ll require but I shall test it anyway and see if it can keep A constant temp during a cold night. 

I don’t think I would trust any of the electric heat blowers or oil rads in such a small space.

If you're gonna be growing through the winter, consider having your intake of fresh air high up above your light, and you're extraction fan and filter on the floor. Will help heat the area as the air will pass over your light on its way down. 

• Like 1

On 27/09/2022 at 7:30 PM, SleepyTItan said:

im currently accumulating all the materials and stuff I need so I can start but it’s a bit of a slog when you’ve got a family to feed.

the heating I’ve yet to buy but I’m looking at a low wattage tubular heater with a thermostat on,I’m hoping my box will be small enough that that’s all I’ll require but I shall test it anyway and see if it can keep A constant temp during a cold night. 

I don’t think I would trust any of the electric heat blowers or oil rads in such a small space.

@SleepyTItanGood luck with the build but I have switched out of the loft has I was paying £8,a day with a temperature controlled electric radiator but I have left the area all set up for spring next year and I have 2 small areas for winter but they are in the main house and warm I still have a electric blanket in case of cold winter but electric cost is 2 quid extra 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

@SleepyTItanGood luck with the build but I have switched out of the loft has I was paying £8,a day with a temperature controlled electric radiator but I have left the area all set up for spring next year and I have 2 small areas for winter but they are in the main house and warm I still have a electric blanket in case of cold winter but electric cost is 2 quid extra 

tbh as it stands at the min the shed is fairly well insulted as is ,I’ve framed it out 50mm rock wool then chipboarded everywhere ,it seems to stay a constant temp no matter the weather so I reckon once I’ve got this box setup it will be ok pulling air from the other side of the shed through a vent then dispelling elsewhere.

another problem I’m having at the min is where to dispel the old air as I’m parra about the eye in the sky and it’s magic cameras.

feel like this is going to take forever to set up and dial in but I’ll get there eventually ,ordered all materials for my box today so they should be here mid week and I can crack on and get the everything up.

13 minutes ago, SleepyTItan said:

tbh as it stands at the min the shed is fairly well insulted as is ,I’ve framed it out 50mm rock wool then chipboarded everywhere ,it seems to stay a constant temp no matter the weather so I reckon once I’ve got this box setup it will be ok pulling air from the other side of the shed through a vent then dispelling elsewhere.

another problem I’m having at the min is where to dispel the old air as I’m parra about the eye in the sky and it’s magic cameras.

feel like this is going to take forever to set up and dial in but I’ll get there eventually ,ordered all materials for my box today so they should be here mid week and I can crack on and get the everything up.

@SleepyTItan it's a  bad time to start my out goes outside but in min house I have 11weeks flowering and you cant smell a thing what plants do you plan on getting and what light you using I have leds and they really good I have in out fans smscom twin controller what area in uk are u im eastmidlands 

4 hours ago, Grow lady said:

@SleepyTItan it's a  bad time to start my out goes outside but in min house I have 11weeks flowering and you cant smell a thing what plants do you plan on getting and what light you using I have leds and they really good I have in out fans smscom twin controller what area in uk are u im eastmidlands 

I can’t do indoors as my missus has no idea! this has been my smoking shed for years and she never goes in.I know morally it’s a bit shitty but id rather her be kept away from it.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, SleepyTItan said:

I can’t do indoors as my missus has no idea! this has been my smoking shed for years and she never goes in.I know morally it’s a bit shitty but id rather her be kept away from it.

@SleepyTItan is the property just in your name as if hers also then she is liable for it if feds come and raid you I don't know how you manage to keep it away from her if she is living with you and I personally would be more pissed off with you for hiding it from her but each to there own I suppose but if you want to keep her then I would be honest with her.

Also if you can only use the shed its going to need heating and fan controller ect to manage the environment I have tied and failed so many times on the cheap but only with the perfect environment you will get any decent yealds I been growing again for about a year now and I'm still having problems and things going wrong I know that I have to get the area perfect temperature and humidity pH levels and light distance to get more than 1oz per plant I have been getting 1oz from photos and autos are useless I have just taken 1 full flowering plant down and I have about 3oz on it dry but its hard to grow and expensive but it is great smoking your own happy growing but if temperature is off then the plants will be off only once environment is good they grow good scrimping on lights and everything else is only going to affect the yealds

Looking forward to seeing your lovely room when you are finished 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grow lady said:

@SleepyTItan is the property just in your name as if hers also then she is liable for it if feds come and raid you I don't know how you manage to keep it away from her if she is living with you and I personally would be more pissed off with you for hiding it from her but each to there own I suppose but if you want to keep her then I would be honest with her.

Also if you can only use the shed its going to need heating and fan controller ect to manage the environment I have tied and failed so many times on the cheap but only with the perfect environment you will get any decent yealds I been growing again for about a year now and I'm still having problems and things going wrong I know that I have to get the area perfect temperature and humidity pH levels and light distance to get more than 1oz per plant I have been getting 1oz from photos and autos are useless I have just taken 1 full flowering plant down and I have about 3oz on it dry but its hard to grow and expensive but it is great smoking your own happy growing but if temperature is off then the plants will be off only once environment is good they grow good scrimping on lights and everything else is only going to affect the yealds

Looking forward to seeing your lovely room when you are finished 

The property is in my name only and I pay all the bills so there’s no problems there I just feel if she knew she would be in a constant state of anxiety and of the feds pull up she will fall to pieces so it’s best kept away from her haha although now you’ve got me second guessing if I should ask if she’s ok with it!! She obvs knows I smoke and the only rule with it is only when the kids asleep so she doesn’t dislike it or anything.

the plan is to get the environment perfect before I even germinate a single seed ,with winter coming I know the temps will be all over the shop so hoping to have everything on thermostats to maintain a constant temp.fingers crossed lol

Had all my materials delivered just need to build it now when I have time.

Edited by SleepyTItan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SleepyTItan said:

The property is in my name only and I pay all the bills so there’s no problems there I just feel if she knew she would be in a constant state of anxiety and of the feds pull up she will fall to pieces so it’s best kept away from her haha although now you’ve got me second guessing if I should ask if she’s ok with it!! She obvs knows I smoke and the only rule with it is only when the kids asleep so she doesn’t dislike it or anything.

the plan is to get the environment perfect before I even germinate a single seed ,with winter coming I know the temps will be all over the shop so hoping to have everything on thermostats to maintain a constant temp.fingers crossed lol

Had all my materials delivered just need to build it now when I have time.

@SleepyTItan I thought you were already insulated it and is it a  brick shed? What part of the UK are you based in and if in shed winter maybe hps lights are best for the heat im eastmidlands and the loft is to cold you might be best waiting for spring next year to start and as for your Mrs if it was I would flip if you didn't let me know and if she lives there it won't be easy to hide it

• 4 months later...

Hi guys ,I’ve nearly finished building this now and need some advice on air circulation ,I have divided the shed into two and my tent will be in the sealed room,I’ve made a little diagram to make it easier but would it be ok to blow my extract into the second part of the shed and have my passive intake next to the extremely draughty door at low level? My thinking is the draught that comes into the shed via the door will constantly cool and refresh the hot air been blown in from the groom?

https://i.ibb.co/6NzgLG1/DD9-B5332-3807-4-E75-9777-0-FECD33-E96-D4.jpg