Vacuum storage?

PHatDriver

Anyone using vacuum sealing machines for long term storage?
Either vacuum containers, jars or bags etc?
Mason Jar in a vacuum bag?

I'm not talking fridge or freezer here.
Just wanna hide them in the bedroom out of the way of snooping eyes and noses.
Just thinking sealing in a bag would crush the good stuff huh!
Would need some sort of container with the bags.

Or do you have another way?

All info much appreciated.

Thanks peeps...

those clothes storage bags (vacuum bags) are great, smell proof and keeps air out, works great when transporting weed and smoking equipment about and don't want to make the car/suitcase smell

• Like 3

There's a quite a few threads about it if you have a search (use Google/duckduckgo the sites search engine is a bit shite). Lots of people do it, you just have to make sure its bang on the correct humidity before you seal it, those boveda packs can help with that though. If you put the buds in a takeaway tray they don't get squished. 

If you've got a vac packer you could also give cobbing a go. 

• Like 6

I have to second @MindSoup post. Cobbing weed is the way to go! Not only does it improve over the years!, it's a smoother smoke, tastes better and imho gives an improved high when smoked, but the real beauty is that you can just eat it and get very very high; Nothing like "normal" edibles at all, much more up, clear and euphoric. For hardened smokers like myself (almost 50 yrs) it can change your relationship with the herb. I've gone from up to 5g/day to eating 0.2-1g/day

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 8

I use a vac sealer but i dont use the vacuum , as it damages the buds. i weigh out 200 grams at a time, bag it,  then use my hands to , as softly as i can, softly expel as much air as i possisbly can, then into the vac sealer and seal the bag up. check its properly sealed, then i then stick it in a cool place, in the dark.

it last easily a year.

as said it needs to be properly dried first, or it will turn to sh*t. if it isnt sealed properly it will also turn to sh*t

• Like 4

@Inspiration101

Yeah just read about smell proof bags the other day - I think, I'm not sure.

I've read they eventually leak, stuff drys out and plastic etc. Mylar inside tho, right?
Still not sure what I'm after. I may have a look, ya never know.

Thanks brv...

Edited by PHatDriver

@sweettooth

LAUGH OUT LOUD.
Sorry, I don't see me transporting any of it but good to know.
Maybe I should have mentioned I'm in a 2x2 tent!
I just imagined me with 2 to 3oz and a quilt size bag. lol

Edited by PHatDriver

On 30/08/2022 at 6:03 PM, MindSoup said:

There's a quite a few threads about it if you have a search (use Google/duckduckgo the sites search engine is a bit shite). Lots of people do it, you just have to make sure its bang on the correct humidity before you seal it, those boveda packs can help with that though. If you put the buds in a takeaway tray they don't get squished. 

If you've got a vac packer you could also give cobbing a go.

On 30/08/2022 at 6:21 PM, Hombre del Monte said:

I have to second @MindSoup post. Cobbing weed is the way to go! Not only does it improve over the years!, it's a smoother smoke, tastes better and imho gives an improved high when smoked, but the real beauty is that you can just eat it and get very very high; Nothing like "normal" edibles at all, much more up, clear and euphoric. For hardened smokers like myself (almost 50 yrs) it can change your relationship with the herb. I've gone from up to 5g/day to eating 0.2-1g/day

I've been reading shit loads of stuff - OVERLOAD! I'm under the impression in a proper mason jar for preserving jam etc. will last 2 or more years. After correctly drying and curing, 60%-65% or something. Got quite a few boveda62 and 10 mini round hydothermos. These bovedas, do ya stick them in between ya buds or just chuck it on the top of the buds in the jar?

Cobbing weed? Huh - what? Looking that up, one sec.
Time passes...

Fuck me!..
More time passes...

What a nightmare. You should have never told me about this.
This is advanced stuff here.
Definitely buying a vac and sous vide set up!
What can I replace corn husk with?
Can ya just straight up eat this stuff and/or smoke it too.
This has gotta be done, need to try this.
I've never heard of this before, thank yous.

I jsut made butter. This will be a bit different, wont it? Decarbing in the oven/frying pan is okay but not really what I'm looking for. Only edibles is not for me. Eating some and still smoking. That's fun.
I'm Definitely in but Cobbing sounds risky as tho!

• Like 2

So many rabbit holes lol. Yeah you can just eat cob as is, it's almost like eating speedy acid or something, pretty intense stuff if you over do it. 

• Like 3

On 30/08/2022 at 8:08 PM, badbillybob said:

I use a vac sealer but i dont use the vacuum , as it damages the buds. i weigh out 200 grams at a time, bag it,  then use my hands to , as softly as i can, softly expel as much air as i possisbly can, then into the vac sealer and seal the bag up. check its properly sealed, then i then stick it in a cool place, in the dark.

it last easily a year.

as said it needs to be properly dried first, or it will turn to sh*t. if it isnt sealed properly it will also turn to sh*t

Yeah this sounds the way to go. Gonna buy some Takeaway containers, boveda 62% in the bottom, fit buds in snug and vac them. All good now. Just thinking those small square glass pyrex dishes with lids would be better for long term storage, huh? Or is storing in glass as appose to plastic just snobbery?

2 minutes ago, PHatDriver said:

I've been reading shit loads of stuff - OVERLOAD! I'm under the impression in a proper mason jar for preserving jam etc. will last 2 or more years. After correctly drying and curing, 60%-65% or something. Got quite a few boveda62 and 10 mini round hydothermos. These bovedas, do ya stick them in between ya buds or just chuck it on the top of the buds in the jar?

Cobbing weed? Huh - what? Looking that up, one sec.
Time passes...

Fuck me!..
More time passes...

What a nightmare. You should have never told me about this.
This is advanced stuff here.
Definitely buying a vac and sous vide set up!
What can I replace corn husk with?
Can ya just straight up eat this stuff and/or smoke it too.
This has gotta be done, need to try this.
I've never heard of this before, thank yous.

I jsut made butter. This will be a bit different, wont it? Decarbing in the oven/frying pan is okay but not really what I'm looking for. Only edibles is not for me. Eating some and still smoking. That's fun.
I'm Definitely in but Cobbing sounds risky as tho!

@PHatDriver

Hi there my friend. Cobbing is dead straight forward and easy too. There a few things that you need to do but it's all in @highgrowers thread ,"cobbing advdetures" and if you go on IG then there's a huge thread there,  Check out Malawian cob fermented weed, or something like that. 

I've been smoking weed for nearly 50 yrs and eatnig cobbed weed has changed my life for the better; I'm not joking either.

You ca smoke it, but you'll use th eamount gram for gram as you would with jar cured weed. the real beauty comes when you eat it. It's a totally different hit and very different from normal edibles. It's a very claer and euphoric high, more like tripping. Plus the cobbed weed will keep for many years and just improve with age!

I've recently gone from smoking nearly 5g/day to eating somewhere between 0.2-1g/day and am higher than ever.

• Like 3