Accidental photoperiod grow!

A1Dan

Aye, she's not that big. Those look like leaf buds at the nodes rather than pre-flowers? 

I think @DutchFox has the right ideas for your situation... :) 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 3:49 PM, DutchFox said:

if you have a bigger pot....i think she would like it...

Yeah, the pots I have are great for 1m tall autos, but she is kind of dwarfing this one isn't she?  I'll try and find a bigger one, if it's not too late for that to help.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 2:58 PM, DutchFox said:

ps... your scedule is for indoor....

note that the first 2 weeks are vegative phase....then the light goes 12-12....and from week 3 they are in bloom..... ( flower phase )

The guy in the grow shop reckoned to follow the same for outdoor / autos, but I don't know if there's a different / better schedule I should be following outdoors?

Not really got anywhere practical to move her to, but I've found a big old tarp sheet which covers the greenhouse well, so going for light deprivation with that.  It's not 100% blackout, but pretty dark, and with the days getting shorter anyway I reckon it's pretty much "night time" from about 8pm to 8am with that thing over it.  I also make a point of saying goodnight and yawning loudly after putting the cover on, to help trick her ;-)

Will let you know how it all goes!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, A1Dan said:

The guy in the grow shop reckoned to follow the same for outdoor / autos, but I don't know if there's a different / better schedule I should be following outdoors?

yes so keep giving both untill 2 weeks before harvest......thats what the scedule says and that guy.

last 2 weeks just water.

you reed every where,,,,flush...but we mean just give water...not drown a plant...  :):) 

a bigger pot is always not too late....

Edited by DutchFox

9 hours ago, A1Dan said:

Not really got anywhere practical to move her to, but I've found a big old tarp sheet which covers the greenhouse well, so going for light deprivation with that.  It's not 100% blackout, but pretty dark, and with the days getting shorter anyway I reckon it's pretty much "night time" from about 8pm to 8am with that thing over it.  I also make a point of saying goodnight and yawning loudly after putting the cover on, to help trick her ;-)

Will let you know how it all goes!

what time do you have the tarp on and off again ?

On 8/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, DutchFox said:

what time do you have the tarp on and off again ?

About 8/9pm to 8/9am (It's getting dark by 9pm anyway, so it's effectively just prolonging the night into the morning)

Edited by A1Dan

On 28-8-2022 at 10:46 PM, A1Dan said:

About 8/9pm to 8/9am (It's getting dark by 9pm anyway, so it's effectively just prolonging the night into the morning)

you will see that after 12 hours under the tarp...its very moist....so big chance of bud rot in bloom after week 3 of bloom....

its best to limit the hours under the tarp as much as you can....

so if possible.....1 hour before sunrise put on the tarp untill say 9 am.....  to get to 12/12 ....

or later in the night before you go to bed....

succes !

Edited by DutchFox

in my case it did it.....

say 0600 sunrize....i put it on at 1800....and took it off again 1 hour after sunset...say 23.00 hours...

so the tarp was on from 1800 till 2300...so 5 hours....

way better as 12 hours....( indoors growers... they have ventilators to keep humidity down... )

Edited by DutchFox

Oh, seems to have been a bit of a disaster ad I'm not sure why!

I went away for a night, so wasn't able to put the cover on, and when I cam back the next afternoon, this had happened:

large.20220904_161333.jpg

Looks like a plant that's been starved of water for days on end, but not the case, the soil was still damp, and it happened in the space of 36 hours.  Don't know if it's somehow to do with not doing the cover for that one night... pretty baffled really.  Don't know if it's salvageable....

Even worse today, lots of the greener leaves on that photo now dying, all the leaves looking pretty yellow. That despite a pretty bright, warm couple of days and soil remaining most but not sodden. Can only think it's some kind of disease.

Ah well, was a freebie and a bit of aPitA anyway.

Btw, any idea why phone emojis aren't allowed in posts, anybody?

Hiya @A1Dan

It looks to me like it's in too small a pot to be able to have a good enough root system to get a plant of that size through to the end. 

How cold is it getting at night where you are? 

A small pot will cool down more quickly than a larger one. 

Atb 

Edit: the software this site is built with is probably older than you(assumption) lol

So the ability to use Moby emojis would have probably have to be an upgrade on the original software. 

I'd imagine that all upgrades cost money, 

so decisions would need to be made whether or not to purchase. 

That's my stoned thoughts on the subject :smokin:

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Edit
  • Like 1

Yeah, was planning to move her into a bigger pot over the weekend.

Still seems odd that she was good and healthy for admit four months, then suddenly died so fast. It's not really cold at night yet though... About 13 or 14 minimum.

Might it be related to my efforts to make her flower with light deprivation... Maybe the change in required nutrients to try and stay flowering or something?