1 plant - 5ft by 5ft space - Pot size

Moonstone420

14 hours ago, Coony said:

fter this i will be going back to sea of greens as they are so much quicker, easier and cheaper !! 

bro im interseted in the SOG technique

ive got a 1.2 x 2.4 tent, with 2 x ~475W lumi/maxi led's, & I do 8 x 12L pots (auto's) [4-a-side], how many plants would I need to do as a SOG

what size pots?

how quick do they finish?

can I even do SOG with auto's?

mystic

@mysticriver better off not using autos if a SOG is what you're planning.  You've got little control over the size of the plants and the side branches will take over the space. With photos you can flip the lights once the side branches are just starting to appear so that what's left is mainly one big main cola, lots of them in neat little rows. Massive yield if you get it right.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mysticriver said:

ive got a 1.2 x 2.4 tent, with 2 x ~475W lumi/maxi led's, & I do 8 x 12L pots (auto's) [4-a-side], how many plants would I need to do as a SOG

what size pots?

mystic

if you’re planning a SOG forget about autos. 

ideally best to pheno hunt for a short good yielding strain that likes to be single stem lollipopped. 

For every 1.2m/2 you could fit 9 to 12 pots, auto feed once or twice a day depending upon how they’re feeding and to save you needing to hand water. 

Snip clones from Mum. 

wait until rooted (2 weeks)

give 1 week of simple veg growth on 18/6 then switch to 12/12. 

during the first 2 weeks of transition strip off all bar the top 3rd of the clones and then wait for 8-10 weeks for them to finish and ripen. 

the hardest part to all this is finding that pheno and testing it. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mysticriver said:

what size pots?

mystic

I think people answered your question with regards to Auto's and the sea of green, anything Indica is generally ideal for sog.

I'm trying out Hindu Kush, Blueberry, N13 Kush and Northern Lights over the next few months, just getting the mothers ready and then going to take the cuttings and get it under way.

40 minutes ago, Clubs said:

good yielding strain that likes to be single stem  @JonDaMon  Aurora Indica by Nirvana is great for a SOG.  Oooh, now I'm wanting to do another one myself.Damn it!

I remember doing the Aurora Indica many years ago and it was a good, nice and easy plant to grow, it had lbig fat long indica leafs that were bigger than my hands lol 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JonDaMon said:

For every 1.2m/2 you could fit 9 to 12 pots,

approx what size pots would I be looking at, in a 1.2m2, assuming its ok to use fabrics?

and im not set up for clones - although id like to be at some point - can still do this wit seed, just won't be as consistent im guessing?

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

approx what size pots would I be looking at, in a 1.2m2, assuming its ok to use fabrics?

and im not set up for clones - although id like to be at some point - can still do this wit seed, just won't be as consistent im guessing?

mystic

if it were me personally I don’t use fabric pots. 

so I would opt for something that’s maybe 3-6Litres for SOG clones. 

yes it can be done from seed. 

grow that seed and clone it then throw all those clones into the SOG. 

you cannot do this by planting 9-12 seeds and expect the same outcome as each seed could grow very differently with different amounts of stretch etc. 

the idea of SOG is even uniformity of clones that react the same when transitioning to flower so that they are equal height going forward etc. 

• Like 1