80 Litre Grow pot

Oldman2.0

@Crow River   @MindSoup    I just got the pot there now. It's outer measurement including the lip is 27", top inside is 25", and just over 13" deep, it's marked in 10L increments up to the 80L mark, which is 1 and a half inches below the top lip.  

Here's a pic for reference with Miss black in her 13L 12" wide x 12" deep pot.

Need to feck off from here now for couple of hours, and wire up another pair of fans, make the jigs, and fit them, then onto a bit of Lst with the girls, so fingers crossed, as Miss Black a lone, her main stem is now nearly the width of my little finger, and may be difficult now, but we'll see :yep:large.20220807_132638.jpglarge.20220807_132631.jpg 

• Like 1

That's a perfect size for that tent, few holes and a matching tray and your on to a winner. So you reckon your gunna try no till for the next run? I think that's a brilliant Idea. 

• Like 2

@Oldman2.0

How is the light baffle after some use.

With a dark outer room and tent on. Can you see any glow? 

With the main room light on and a zipped up dark tent can you see daylight.

I made a post about these awhile ago and did not get many replies to whether they work or not.  

• Like 2

@Oldman2.0, that's a beast of a pot, dude! What will you use for a drip tray? I struggle to find things that fit my washing up bowls and builder's buckets.

• Like 1

@AngryDuckHi mate, very happy with the baffle, regards light leaks, during the day time i can't see a thing. At night time, bedroom with light on (40 watts) still can't see a thing.

At night time with room lights off, then there is a bit of light leak (minimal) very minor, and i don't have the experience really to say that it could be an issue regards growing photos, but what i can say is, if you, like myself have any light leaks in other places, like zips, stitching, duct pockets, etc, then personally i'd have absolutely no issues regards the baffle, because if any light leaks were to be an issue growing photos, and creating hermies, then these other places would be the problem, not the baffle :yep:

@Crow RiverHi mate, she sure is :yep:  When i was out a few hours ago i called into the pound shop after buying the tub, and like a lot of other places like them i've been in lately, well there's a ton of pots, and tubs for sale at the moment in all of them, in a great variety of sizes, and liters too.

I haven't looked into a tray as of yet, but garland may do a tray that size, but i think the nearest would be there 100 x 100 which is too big, and there's other brands to i can check, and if i can't get one the right size, but i think it'll be no bother, then i'll just make one myself :)

• Like 1

@Oldman2.0, yeah I was checking the pound shops and discount stores today, lots of gardening stuff on clearance. Picked up a couple of square planters, some fertiliser, fabric grow bags, etc. I still like the look of that plasterer's tub though - will need to get down to LiDL.

• Like 1

So I picked up a "mortar bucket" from LiDL at lunchtime. They had a small stack of them. They are 65 litres, not 80 in my store. Only £6.99. Nice sturdy bit of kit. Now in the garage. I fancy using it for a monster ScrOG next year. :) 

• Like 1

On 07/08/2022 at 2:24 PM, MindSoup said:

That's a perfect size for that tent, few holes and a matching tray and your on to a winner. So you reckon your gunna try no till for the next run? I think that's a brilliant Idea. 

Missed that one mate, and that's good to hear :yep:

Ya, I'm going to do 1 more run with the autos after this one, and then get on to the no till the run after.

I'll have lots of time then to research more, get familar with the method, and get the grow media sorted, and the beans :thumsup:

• Like 1

Yeah boy glad to hear it. 

3 places to learn everything you need to know 

Farmer Ps "building the mega bed" 

lol Dave hams grow diaries 

And 

Build a Soil and Charles Dowding on YouTube. Charles is great for understanding the basics and the ethos of No Till, BOS(Jeremy) is great for learning indoor Cannabis specific stuff. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup Aah thanks mate :yep:  

That info will save me time, as i've something to go on now without searching, and unsure who's stuff to look up.

Thanks for your time appreciated :realcool:

No worries dude, always happy to waffle on about growing, but especially no till growing. Mind you I'm far from an expert, Farmer P and Lil Dave have years of experience over me. Blackpoolbouncer is another no till aficionado, he doesn't go a whole lot into details but his grows are very inspirational to me, he's a master of KISS. 

Edited by MindSoup

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

@Crow River you planning joining the no till fraternity as well?

Not sure TBH. Reckon might just try growing an absolute monster of a plant! :D At least to start with. Will probably veg using Gas Lantern Routine, otherwise it will be a big load of electricity to root that size of pot.. 

But yeah a large tub gives plenty of options to consider for the future, including growing more than one plant in the same pot.

Edited by Crow River