Concrete walled garage intake/extraction

Gaijin

@geogeo Birmingham's a bit far for me, mate, but thanks for the offer lol Thanks, I'll have a look at those for vents. If the roof turns out to be wood, I might be able to install something up there myself. I'd just be crapping myself about springing a leak

@RUFUS HOUND yeah I think that's right mate, thanks :yep: 

53 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

so do we get a photo instead of guessing what its like - a pic paints a thousand words

Not the best pics, but it's a garage-shaped garage. Car door end walled up; other end the door you can see, which opens into a sunroom. The sunroom is getting a new roof, so will lose the title "sunroom", being demoted to "room" 

large_Room.jpg

Light turned 90 degrees so I can get the loft tent in there. It's only 185cm floor to ceiling with 6" insulation

large.Room1.jpg

You can see the bare concrete here on the right of the door. I removed the panel above the door and it appears to be a wooden roof, but will investigate more.

On the left of the door is where I plan to drill the extraction holes out. I think. Probably lol  

large.Room2.jpg

I cant really see whats above the concrete, usually its a wood planks just to cover the gap up. the roof is held up with the rather flimsy green metal struts.

Dont do a hole in a flat roof, your asking for trouble. try above the concrete panels with a long small bit first to see if its wood.

I tried drilling the concrete panels once and went through 3 drill bits making a 6mm hole. defo diamond tip core drill if going through the wall 

this is mine - excuse the cobwebs, its where the mutant spiders hang out 

large.IMG_20220804_165230_edit_157985762786309_edited.jpg

• Like 1

@RUFUS HOUND Yours is different to mine mate. From the landing window above the garage, the roof's flat. And this is what it looks like from inside. Above the red line that I drew is the top edge of the vertical wall panels, with wooden sheet on top

large_Roof.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just read this mate kind of going to be in same situation as you 

Going from a loft to garage 

Before I had just onded 2kw of lighting..  I had 8 going out and 6 coming in..   It sure if I'll need the same In  a garage but how the hell do to side a 8 inch ven 

Keep us posted