New Vegbox using outdoor storage cabinet

RUFUS HOUND

@MindSoupFunnily enough i looked into the Elutengs as well, so will defo go for these then if there quieter, and a bit more power :yep:

Price is everything now, so they sound perfect, been a little quieter in it's self even if only slightly is a bonus, and great to hear the 80's going good after 2 years.

Thanks for that :thumsup:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Oldman2.0 said:

It has a 5.5 x2.1mm DC connector, which you can then connect a 5.5 x 2.1mm splitter cable which divides into 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, ect other cables

can u put a picture up of this pls

mystic

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 2:31 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

Top Tip - put some ladies tights over the ducting single layer - it helps catch the dust

I use black sheer tights,  ones Ive worn on Drag Karaoke Nights  

• Like 2

@pepe16Right if we're all coming out then, we'll snap.

I used to wear them too back in the day, but that was when I also carried a shot gun :)

• Like 3

It was a choice between the elutengs and the ac's as very similar specs - I went for the ac's as a few peeps had used them and had no complaints.

If money is tight there are these for £12.99 delivered - might be worth a punt but only 17 reviews

BRIEFCEC USB Fan 80mm 2 In 1 Computer Fan 5V Fan 2600RPM 32CFM Dual USB PC Fans - look like a copy of Ac's

must pull my finger out this weekend and sort the box out - popped a couple of cheeky OG Kush as an incentive last week. but its not looking good and they might be duds, as no sign of them breaking the surface yet - slowest germ Ive had so far.

• Like 1

@mysticriver Here ya go mate, hope this helps :yep:

PC fans set-up + Materials needed – Everything here is Certified by RoHS, CE and FCC.

Just to note:   Been new to this game, I’m no expect, and tried to come with an alternative to clip on, and standard fans, to reduce noise output, reliability, and power consumption, and during the process I came across a couple of others here with pc fans too, so I knew then I might be look’n in the right direction, and I still don’t know till down the line if this set-up is sufficient for the job, and will update when that time comes. Also we’re deal’n with electrics, all be it just 12 volts, so I would suggest be careful not to touch the live and neutral wires together

From the photo shown below   (All items are from Amazon prime UK) with free delivery. And all below are standard 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC connectors.

1/  Universal AC/DC Adapter - AC Input:100-240V 50/60Hz, DC Output:3V/ 4.5V/ 5V/ 6V/ 7.5V/ 9V/ 12V 2A. Advanced secure technique, with full PROTECTION of over Voltages/ over Current/ short Circuits/ over Temperature. This plug will have a little red dial in-between the 3 plug pins to adjust voltage, and most brands of these come with a pack of different connectors (seen below the plug in the pic). Or in the pic shown is a standard 12 volt phone charger which can be used with a variable speed controller.

2/  Follow the wire from the plug to the single end of the 4 way splitter (4 x fans can be connected)

DC Power Supply Splitter 1 to 4 Plugs Y Connector 4 devices that use 5.5 x 2.1mm barrel DC. So there basically called DC splitters from 1 split to 2,4,6 etc.

3/  Follow the single end of the splitter around to the 4 end connectors, and now you’ll see an extension cable, these can be got in multi packs depending on needs, and come in various lengths.

12V Extension Cable 5.5mm x 2.1 mm DC Extension Cable 1.8M for CCTV Camera, Led Strip Lights, etc.

4/  The other end of the extension cable connects to a, DC Jack Power Connector Adapter Plug, the little black and green connector, these also come in multi packs, 1 x pair, 4x, 6x, 10x etc.

10 Pair 5.5 X 2.1mm Barrel Power 12V Male and Female DC Jack Power Connector Adapter Plug for CCTV Security Camera LED Strip.

5/  Then the wires from the fan (plus and minus) screw into the other end of that connector.

Now I would normally be tidier than shown in the second pic with the fan shown, I had the girls already started, and just got them in there to get circulation going, but as I’m adding another 4 pc fans to this system next week, I’ll tidy all up then. 2 x fans full power 3v, 4 x 6v, 6 x 9volts.

There are numerous pc fans to choose from both in size, and speed (rpm) and they come usually in 3 or 4 pin, so with 3 or 4 wires, 2 of which is the live and neutral. Just cut the connector off the end of the wire, and suss out which is the 2 you need to use, you can use a 12v car battery to test, or cut the end off an old phone charger, expose the 2 wires, plug it in and test those 2 wires off the pc wires to find plus, and minus. I can’t tell what those wires are, as that will depend on different brands, and whether 3 or 4 pin connectors, which can be varying colours, it’s fairly handy to find them this way. Also to note you can buy a  4-Pin PWM ( pulse width modulation ) Fan Controller with the connectors that fit the fan connectors, and splitters, but it’s more expensive.

The cost of all above if you catch them in an amazon discount sale for all the cables, connectors, and a multi pack of 5 fans, and the plug adapter, could be got for around €50 total, but I think it’s worth spending just a little more on the fans, as they will run super quite, again I’m no expert, this is just the route I took, and I hope this info may help others look’n to go the same route, and I myself knew absolutely nothing regards this a couple weeks ago, and still testing, and hopefully all works out, and maybe the info will be of use to others, thankslarge.20220805_164513.jpglarge.20220805_161613.jpg

Edited by Oldman2.0
  • Like 2

@Oldman2.0Thats a superb guide for non techies - defo worth reposting in the DIY section for a wider audience :notworthy:

I dont get many views lately as probably offended to many people lol ah well such is life :innocent:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

not looking good and they might be duds, as no sign of them breaking the surface yet - slowest germ Ive had so far.

Its almost like they were listening to me - one has just broken free :chains: 

15 hours ago, Oldman2.0 said:

2 x fans full power 3v, 4 x 6v, 6 x 9volts.

how many fans in total - 12? sorry im confused, im sure u dont have 12 fans what does this bit mean? or 6 fans in total?

mystic

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I dont get many views lately as probably offended to many people

nah thats me bro - ur golden...lol

mystic

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mysticriver said:

how many fans in total - 12? sorry im confused, im sure u dont have 12 fans what does this bit mean? or 6 fans in total?

mystic

I think at 3v it will run 2 fans,  at 6v it will run 4 and at 9v it will run 6 fans.

20 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I think at 3v it will run 2 fans,  at 6v it will run 4 and at 9v it will run 6 fans.

im a reet' thicko sometimes...

mystic

• Like 1

AC Infinity also produce the

AI-TAA3

AC INFINITY, TURBO FAN POWER ADAPTER

• Designed for MULTIFAN fans and other AC Infinity USB fans.
  • Enables approved fans to be powered through a standard wall outlet.
  • Increases fan's RPM by 25% and boosts CFM ratings for higher airflow.
  • Not compatible with any other USB fans or electroni

3 pin UK £9.99 on the big river.

It works, I use mine blowing down on my led. It effectively gives me 6 speeds to play with depending on how much heat I need to recirculate :yep:

• Like 1