Hey fellow growers and tokers

FanBloodyTastic

Oh I wasn't aware of the Miss Jill thing, I thought it was some sort of Jilly bean cross or something lol That's good to know man, be interesting to see what they turn out like. I've still got quite a few Subcool things to get through yet.

See you about the boards :rockon:

• Like 1

Just now, KC said:

Oh I wasn't aware of the Miss Jill thing, I thought it was some sort of Jilly bean cross or something lol That's good to know man, be interesting to see what they turn out like. I've still got quite a few Subcool things to get through yet.

See you about the boards :rockon:

Aww man you still have some subcool beans I’m very jealous!! Yeah miss Jill was subcools missus (she created jilly bean too) and has always been involved with tga so I have high hopes the genetics will be top notch. 
happy growing buddy I look forward to seeing your subcool genetics 

• Like 1

Just now, KC said:

Oh I wasn't aware of the Miss Jill thing, I thought it was some sort of Jilly bean cross or something lol

I think it was a bit contentious at the time.
From what I remember, Subcool + MzJill had their house burn down and I think after that happened is when she then left Sub. I think they lost pretty much everything in that fire. So they then both started up again on their own. Pretty sure MzJill originally was branded as just that, but then since subcool has passed she seems to have taken over the TGA brand/label. Been tempted to try her stuff, but I'm not sure any of it is the same as the TGA stuff from before, just recreations using similar parents I believe. Might be wrong though.

• Like 2

Just now, SkyRider said:

I think it was a bit contentious at the time.
From what I remember, Subcool + MzJill had their house burn down and I think after that happened is when she then left Sub. I think they lost pretty much everything in that fire. So they then both started up again on their own. Pretty sure MzJill originally was branded as just that, but then since subcool has passed she seems to have taken over the TGA brand/label. Been tempted to try her stuff, but I'm not sure any of it is the same as the TGA stuff from before, just recreations using similar parents I believe. Might be wrong though.

I haven’t actually grown anything out yet so I can’t comment on her genetics but you’re definitely right about the rest. The reason I decided to give her a try was because I know she was involved in a lot of subcools projects and I was dying to try growing out the  querkle. I’ve smoked it before and seen it grown out so I do have something to compare against. Time will tell I’m a very brutal and honest reviewer so I’ll let you know what they’re like 

• Like 2

Just now, FanBloodyTastic said:

I was dying to try growing out the  querkle. I’ve smoked it before and seen it grown out so I do have something to compare against.

She was quite a beauty when I grew her :) Damn, that was back in my tent days lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyRider said:

gallery_93934_11858_16139.jpggallery_93934_11858_185504.jpggallery_93934_11858_322722.jpggallery_93934_11858_492153.jpggallery_93934_11858_433699.jpggallery_93934_11858_13811.jpggallery_93934_11858_128301.jpggallery_93934_11858_318132.jpg

Damn looks like you had a belter there I hope I find something similar. How was the veg time I heard she’s quite slow and that yield is on the smaller side? I thought about starting mine but the slow veg time put me off starting them until I have one up and running. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkyRider said:

She was quite a beauty when I grew her :) Damn, that was back in my tent days lol

I still use a tent although I want one of they cabinets that just looks like a cupboard. What do you use now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FanBloodyTastic said:

Damn looks like you had a belter there I hope I find something similar. How was the veg time I heard she’s quite slow and that yield is on the smaller side? I thought about starting mine but the slow veg time put me off starting them until I have one up and running. 

To be honest bud, I can't really remember. She doesn't stick in my mind as a particularly awkward plant though. I don't think I kept her around for too long, my mate enjoyed her flavour profile a lot but I think at the time I had other things I was enjoying more. Wasn't disappointed in growing her out though

5 minutes ago, FanBloodyTastic said:

I still use a tent although I want one of they cabinets that just looks like a cupboard. What do you use now?

I had a phase briefly where I wanted one of those cabinets too. The pre-built ones are just a rip off though. So you're best off building your own and then if you're building your own, you might as well go full hog convert half your loft lollollol  Well, that's what I did anyway. Great fun was had. Looking forward to getting a bigger house in the future and having to do it all again.

• Like 1

Just now, SkyRider said:

To be honest bud, I can't really remember. She doesn't stick in my mind as a particularly awkward plant though. I don't think I kept her around for too long, my mate enjoyed her flavour profile a lot but I think at the time I had other things I was enjoying more. Wasn't disappointed in growing her out though

I had a phase briefly where I wanted one of those cabinets too. The pre-built ones are just a rip off though. So you're best off building your own and then if you're building your own, you might as well go full hog convert half your loft lollollol  Well, that's what I did anyway. Great fun was had. Looking forward to getting a bigger house in the future and having to do it all again.

It’s the flavour profile that interested me the most and she looks beautiful too. Good to know it’s at least worth growing out. I get what you’re saying about the cabinets they are expensive, a loft conversion is something else I’d love but I’m moving soonish so will wise for that one. I bet you have way more space now too, def gonna have to think about that more. 
Do you use organic nutrients or something btw cause that late in flower and your querkle didn’t have a touch of burn or deficiencies! The only time I manage that is either using Organics or in coco with high frequency fertigation as long as the frequency of the feeds are right. The scrog I’m finishing now I had a few humidity issues mid flower so I turned the feeds down by one and started getting nute burn within 24 hours. So annoying cause they were perfect uo until then lol 

• Like 1

Just now, FanBloodyTastic said:

Do you use organic nutrients or something btw cause that late in flower and your querkle didn’t have a touch of burn or deficiencies!

Organic liquid nutes bud, so they will burn if you give too much. Think I just got lucky with that girl lol I bet the rest of the plants in the tent with her didn't look as good lol

• Like 1

Just now, SkyRider said:

Organic liquid nutes bud, so they will burn if you give too much. Think I just got lucky with that girl lol I bet the rest of the plants in the tent with her didn't look as good lol

Haha well at least you’re honest but still a good job keeping it that perfect so late in flower. I’m switching back to bottled Organics too although I was gifted a mills starter pack I’m tempted to try since it’s meant to be the best of both worlds. 

• Like 1

Cheers bud.
I've never heard of the mills stuff, will have to check it out and have a look. Always like to try new things :)

10 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

Cheers bud.
I've never heard of the mills stuff, will have to check it out and have a look. Always like to try new things :)

I think they’re new to the uk but have been in Europe since around 2015. They seem really expensive to begin with but when you actually see how much of things you use it isn’t too bad at all. I’ll be starting a diary using them pretty soon you can always see how I do with them first 

• Like 1