How long is a piece of string

latitude54

Just now, latitude54 said:

old carpet

Careful using carpet as it can harbour all sorts of nasty chewing beasties that will chomp your plants...:yep:

• Like 1

Just now, stu914 said:

Careful using carpet as it can harbour all sorts of nasty chewing beasties that will chomp your plants...:yep:

Jesus!! Is there anything out there that isnt trying to destroy my plants? Weather, slugs, carpets. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, latitude54 said:

Jesus!! Is there anything out there that isnt trying to destroy my plants? Weather, slugs, carpets. 

:rofl:...yup there's a few more, here's one...:police:...boo!!

• Like 4

The joys of the outdoor life mate lol       You still got the wet season to come so include the worry of the rot  :)     

Just wait til you crop mate ,  nothing like sun kissed home grown    :george:       

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

The joys of the outdoor life mate lol       You still got the wet season to come so include the worry of the rot  :)     

Just wait til you crop mate ,  nothing like sun kissed home grown    :george:       

I’m already stressing about how I’m going to dry the crop! 

• Like 1

I’m already stressing about how I’m going to dry the crop! 

lollol    Never stress mate ,  between mother nature & lady luck on the outdoor growing front .... you will get fucked over at some stage :yep:   

Its just luck & odds mate ,  we all get done over by either critters or weather ..... but we all do it year in year out as ... if fuckin addictive :george:    Either that were all sadistic gits.

Just blank off any suspected light leaks ,  keep the air moving or leave the door open and hang some blackout material  ,   give them some love and all will be spiffing old bean :) 

Drying a whole diff story , for years i just hung them upside down in the dark in a spare room with a fan , slow 14 day dry , final trim and minimum of 3 month cure.     

Numerous ways to dry ,   a cheap fan & filter kit with cardboard boxes is very effective. 

• Like 2

IMHO photo's in pots for a garden grow is just too difficult. Personally I would just drop those girls in the ground and let them get on with it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OldFord said:

Just blank off any suspected light leaks ,  keep the air moving or leave the door open and hang some blackout material  ,   give them some love and all will be spiffing old bean :) 

Looked at the old shed yesterday and it might work with a bin liner over the window and a bit of insulation tape over the cracks. 

If I go with light dep, what’s a good time to do it? Currently she sun comes up at 5am, so I could put them away at 5pm and get them back out at 10pm? That way they’re already out come sun rise? 

what happens when the sunrise gets later? Do I need to shift that pattern to match sunrise or stick to 5pm?

With 6 autos in the garden too, I’m half tempted just to let the green poisons get on with it naturally. 

• Like 2

@latitude54    The Green Poisons do pretty well outdoors and normally cook out by late september,  any i have done have been pretty good rot wise so no dramas if you leave them out.

The light dep will let you put them in flower when you want and get them down quicker :yep:    Im chopping fems next week from light dep .... no worries about weather & rot and cooking out in the best of the sunshine  :)     I also light dep as i like some long flowering strains i cant do normal outdoors.  

My strict schedule is cover up at 5;30pm and uncover at 5;30am  ,  i leave my covers on all night to reduce any risks of getting too wet.    

Just keep to a 12 & 12 and you cant go wrong.  

Blackout material is dirt cheap , breathable and could go over open doors & windows to promote air movement.     Light dep fef has its uses for outdoor growers :yep:

• Like 3

@OldFord think I might leave them alone this year in that case. I may have to extend the greenhouse / poly tunnel with some plastic sheeting or something to keep them dry but that’s another thread. lol

• Like 2

If you don't fancy the hassle of the light dep then yes, leave them out and see how they do. It will be a useful exercise to find out how they fare in your individual climate – and then you will know for next time.

Some strains do better outdoors than others, but as @OldFord says, Green Poison is one of the better ones so it's a good one to be experimenting with. A lot of it does come down to the luck of the weather, but sometimes it is surprising what you can get away with. I grow outdoors without light dep but I'm at lat 51 so I can't really say how it will go for you, but I do think it's well worth trying. Especially if you have some autos as well, so the jars won't be empty.

I love growing outdoors but it needs a somewhat different mindset from indoors. There is almost always SOME rot, so it's a case of accepting that and doing what you can to minimise it. If you're growing in a garden then you can check them regularly and remove any bits which are starting to go. Act quickly and it slows down the spread. Keep as much airflow around them as you can. And even if you lose a bit, you can still have a good harvest from the rest. Even in a bad year or with a strain which hates my climate, I nearly always manage to harvest SOMETHING. lol

• Like 3

The new plastic greenhouse arrived today. Once I’ve got it put together it’ll be double the covered grow space I’ve currently got. I’m thinking I may leave the old, small greenhouse up for the green poison to flower in (with a few ventilation tweaks). 

Edited by latitude54

• 2 weeks later...

One of the green poisons has some definite pistils starting to show in new growth (pics in my diary tomorrow). So hopefully I can stop worrying about December harvests and start to look forward to some stinky summer time.