Are these ready now week 11 all indica

Darknight420710

46 minutes ago, Diddy said:

As a dry trim convert for the last few years I have to say that I would be removing those leaves that have dried/dying that are "in" the bud. Goes against my grain to disturb the bud structure whenever I trim BUT my advice is to immediately cut out those crispy small dead leaves out of the bigger buds. Put it this way it wont harm them if ya do, but you could experience bud rot of some description if you don't. 

BTW the finished plants do look great that is not what im getting at...it's just a thing I have noticed over the years. Even if you cut them out and while doing so notice a bit going off/mould then at least you can cut it away with minimal loss as opposed to if it is lurking under those dead leaves. 

Sorry if that sounds doom monger like, im just trying to give you a little titbit of what has happened to me previously.

I did this instinctively with mine, but it is good top hear another rationale for doing so. I figured at the time that because the leaves had part crisped they might block the proper flow of water out of the plant and act as sponges for general environmental humidity.

• Like 2

@mysticriverthey're down now and hanging as whole plants, thought it better that way considering the heat etc judt now. 

Not great inside the tent and letting cramped and temp is 23.5 and 67% humidity and can't do a thing about it. 

• Like 2

Could you duct away the air with the extraction fan every so ofter until you are left with 60%?  Environmental RH is a crazily low 25% here today. If not, you'll probably be ok like that for a bit.  With the temperature higher, you'd need a little more humidity to stop the water leaving your plants too quickly, personally though, I'd want to duct.  I made the mistake of extracting the air too fast to reduce the temperature down from 23C last time, but I lost smell and taste.  I'd have been better leaving it at whatever temperature but ~60% RH I feel.

Good luck whichever route you take though.  You'll no doubt do the best possible :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

@Darknight420710

Well done mate look nice plenty of tricks have you checked them with a jewelers loupe like everyone else of with there heads and enjoy

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

have you checked them with a jewelers loupe like everyone else

Never checked with a loupe in all my years of growing. Not once. The only reason I bought one was to check pests if needed

Owd

• Like 3

On 20/07/2022 at 5:59 PM, Darknight420710 said:

The leaves that have shrivelled near the buds dried out and got crispy weeks ago

hope that's OK? 

The issue with the bud/sugar leaves dying/shriveling is that they can give a foothold for bud rot, so if it can be avoided thats the best thing but if not keep a close eye on the buds and focus on keeping your humidity low when it happens. 

• Like 2

@MindSoupthanks, from memory the leaf was snapped because of my heavy fingers of pulling over to look at the bud from the inside. 

First time I grew I didn't think and was grabbing the flowers and flattening the trichomes and ruining good bud being heavy handed. I remember the advice was use leaves to mover buds about and at this time my leaves were getting dry and crisp so broke away. 

I checked my plants last night and had to split them up on long branches as they were just to dense all clustered together in this heat and humidity..  

I'll never ever grow at this time of year again as I didnt think of harvesting in summer and just thought the extra heat would be good for photosynthesis lol

Tent is 22.5c and 62% humidt with AC infinity 6" on speed 4 and oscalating fan on floor in 50x90 plus a dehumidifier in the bedroom set 40% which has in fact only brought humidity down from 65% 

I opened and closed the windows thinking a breeze will help but nah its not even windy outside so no breeze. I've had fans moving around in the bedroom and no luck.. im now thinking go get those bags of ice I was going to use and sit in front of the floor fan inside the tent and cool things but no sure if that's a good idea and will create moisture.. 

I'll just hope things get cooler over the next 48hrs and by then ill be on day 5, I just know the stuff I speed dried over 24hr knocked my socks off so I'm hoping even if things get crispy by day 5 it'll all be a good smoke

Edited by Darknight420710

15 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

@Darknight420710

Well done mate look nice plenty of tricks have you checked them with a jewelers loupe like everyone else of with there heads and enjoy

Yeah I did but its shit because I comvince myself they aren't ready and keep growing and as some say they now may he overripe.. I think next time I might try and do what @Owderbdoes and go by the other ways to identify when they're ready and see how they turn out 

Hi Darknight,

I just grew a GSC auto outdoors and was very similiar if not more cooked than yours, i too was waiting to see if i could get the tricks to about 20% amber but it just wouldn't seem to ripen., i waited weeks after most were cloudy.

I'm not sure wether some plants/strains will not just get to that stage, perhaps somebody could share their knowledge if this is actually true ?

All the best

Zeb

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zebal said:

Hi Darknight,

I just grew a GSC auto outdoors and was very similiar if not more cooked than yours, i too was waiting to see if i could get the tricks to about 20% amber but it just wouldn't seem to ripen., i waited weeks after most were cloudy.

I'm not sure wether some plants/strains will not just get to that stage, perhaps somebody could share their knowledge if this is actually true ?

All the best

Zeb

Yes I been told that not all strains turn amber I had some plants and ran them over and non of my plants have turned amber ever but someone with more experience could tell more mate

• Like 1