Trim screen

Darknight420710

Hi all I can see me getting ready to trim in the next 2 week and wondered if there was a cheaper alternative to using a trim bin, I don't really want to pay in the region of £50+ if there's any cheaper and just as good. 

I see printing screens online but haven't a clue what to buy so any advice appreciated 

Thanks 

Not sure how good it would be for trimming, probably do the job, but I recently used a Hobbycraft printing screen, £15, to make some hash. It's cheap and did the job!

• Like 3

Just now, Hashslag said:

large.7a7dee07-9ee0-4d9e-8ac9-18ae9b934604.jpg

Including the frame, it's about A3 size so not very big but it might just fit the bill mate..?

That cost you £15, that's the kinda thing I mean where you shuffle the leaves etc and trichome fall through 

What size micron or T size would you look for 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 2

I mention sizes I used in this thread it may help. Irc I go into other sizes somewhere else in this thread.  

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 4

@Darknight420710 I'm not sure what the micron size is on this one tbh, I'm going to assume 150-ish as that would be the most common. The Trim Bin screen is 150u I believe. But yeah, this one was £15.

• Like 2

@Hashslag it may have a size by LPI on the screen material somewhere as it’s needed for different prints etc.  the get a rough idea of micron size obv disregarding type of weave or threads diameter. 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

If you can stretch to buying a trimbin, I would go for it. Great for trimming and makes great hash. The gauze is 120 micron, perfect for sifting. I made a vibrating table for mine because I;m a lazy cornt lol

large.8B78F26D-B949-47BD-B82B-9CD06B58A427.jpeg

• Like 13

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

@Flamedodger I love seeing products being used with some ingenuity, awesome .:oldtoker:

Cheers mate, it actually works better than expected, but does need a lot of trim to get the benefits :yep:

• Like 4

On 20/07/2022 at 5:19 PM, Hashslag said:

@Flamedodger How did you make the vibrating table? Looks interesting! I have an old workmate table doing nothing here :)

Bits of wood and bolts I had, I bought some 25mm springs and a concrete vibration motor off one of those Chinese websites for £20 and a speed controller. The motor is bolted to the underside of the top piece of wood. The springs are used between 4 bolts and allows the table to wobble.

I got the idea from watching Gold Rush, nerd that I am lol

• Like 7

As much as I've been so tempted to buy a trim bin I thought I'd try and improvise with everything I had in my house and see how it goes and 1 plant in ive got myself 1g of pollen, crystals, keif whatever its called and it cost me nothing

Best thing about it is now saves myself in the region of £50+ so I think ill treat myself to one of those nebula boosts 

I used one of those splatter things you put over the frying pan and a metal sieve overlapping diagonally over one of the multiadaptable emulsion tray lol

I didnt do anything other than trim 1 plant of buds on the stalks and shake the sieve with the trim in and repeat

I've never done it before but happy more on saving and being able to treat myself

large.Screenshot_20220726-143012_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

@FlamedodgerThats class mate, love seeing some of the diy solutions on these forums. Ive got a few things im messing about with at the moment and looking to prep my tent for next grow to make things easier. Some might say lazy but I would say work smart - not hard:yep:

@Darknight420710 Good job mate, are you planning to use the rest of the trim for anything else or are you looking to sift all the goodness off and toss the leftover plant? Im planning to get myself a trim bin for harvest time, although i was planning to make tinctures or canna oil etc with the trim so wasnt planning on sifting the trim to get extra keif but i do like the idea of signing my name in keif lol 

• Like 2