Growers know a thing or two about airflow :yep:

hahaha agreed wish the case manufacturers would take a leaf out of our book XD

• Like 2

Currently using a low/mid range PC 

Ryzen 2700x 

X470 aorus gaming mobo 

Gtx 1060 6gb

16gb 3000mhz RAM 

Top end pc market has always been out of reach budget wise, I just can't justify it unfortunately. Now GPU prices are coming back down all I need is a 1080ti and it'll be perfect for the games I play anyway. 

Not installed cubase for a few years, last time I was running it on a shitty i3 laptop lol

I've always built my own computers but I'm a function over aesthetics kinda person (just lazy, tbh) my cable management is near non existent 

• Like 3

@rolio    Cable management is as much function as aesthetics -  good cable management helps with good airflow, which in turn helps to keep things cooler. 

• Like 1

Yeah you're right @monkeypig although I did say I'm also lazy lol

Obviously they're hidden but not routed all nice with perfect looking bends and tied back etc 

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

haha yeah i saw that dont think wife would be to happy if i had that set up in living room lol XD

• Like 1

Thought I'd chuck my build in here I know I have posted about her somewhere else on here before but I love showing her off lol She's a couple of years old now and she's my pride and joy, she represents the realization of my ambition to build a fully water-cooled PC that I have had since my early teens. She's probably due an upgrade or 2 now, I already know what's up next for her.

CPU: Ryzen 3600x

GPU: AMD 5700XT

Memory: 32GB G.skill Trident Z 3200mhz

MoBo: Asus B450 Gaming Pro Carbon

Storage: 1TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2

Mods: Full custom hardline water loop with 2 360mm rads, custom RGB distribution block, custom cable mod cables, custom RGB GPU back plate,

large.IMG-20201217-WA0000.jpg

Planned upgrades: CPU Ryzen 7 5800X 3D then at some point afterwards a GPU upgrade of some description. My CPU and MoBo choice on the original build were made with the intention of dropping the latest and greatest AMD chip in just before they change their socket. I had no idea at the time that a CPU upgrade would net the kind of frame rate increases that are being seen with the 5800X 3D... 

Have a gander:

• Like 5

On 18/07/2022 at 0:28 PM, Mugwuffin said:

The new intel 11th gen Intel chips are really nice @monkeypig and you can get motherboards that are DDR4 or DDR5 compatible, depending how much you wanna spend on memory. If you wait till the end of the year, Nvidia should be releasing another generation of graphics cards, which should further reduce the price of current models ;)

Intel are really lagging behind in the CPU market now it'll be years before they're competitive again and unless you're after Ray Tracing and have 4 figures to drop on a GPU that can do it well I wouldn't recommend Nvidia GPUs either AMD tend to be better value but this is very general advice.

• Like 1

I probably would have gone with AMD if I had done the build a few months earlier tbh, and Nvidia's ray tracing GPU's will be 3 figures by the the end of the year. Although I'll probably reccomend my friend get an AMD based graphics card as his monitor is freesync compatible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The next few months should be interesting between AMD and Nvidia. The RDNA 3 line up from AMD is looking really good. As one of the developers put it “at AMD we’re now ahead of Nvidia with our multi-chip modular design”. Sounds a lot like the way things have gone between AMD and Intel. Performance/efficiency vs performance at the expense of power consumption.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...