Green way of life’: Thailand sees cannabis boom after law change

hashi

6 minutes ago, Themadhippy said:

Until a local cop whos down on overtime decides the smell is causing public nuisance and hits you with a 25,000 baht "fine",pay up or its 3 months inside.

Was about to say the same. I could just see the cops doing this , as they have not been getting the normal income from stopping Farangs without helmets etc etc. They will deffo be trying to make up their wages. There will always be a rule for one and another rule for another. That's why I have stayed at the same place for the last 20+ years, aint gonna get a safer place to stay.

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Themadhippy said:

Until a local cop whos down on overtime decides the smell is causing public nuisance and hits you with a 25,000 baht "fine",pay up or its 3 months inside.

Never saw or heard anything of that nature going on, obviously can't categorically say it doesn't but I never encountered it. I was actually having a smoke at the edge of O'Niells in Bangkok when 3 police walked past, they stopped for a pic close by me with a couple of Western women and went on their way.

I don't think they have any intention of targeting tourists, tourism is a big part of their economy.

• Like 2

@Conroy, just to add that Thailand was like this in 1996, except maybe lighting up in an airport, but pretty much no change. As for the helmet scam, it was cheap enough and it’s actually a pretty good law with motorised transport, you wanna risk being a vegetable to your aging parents? :yep: 

39 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

@Conroy, just to add that Thailand was like this in 1996, except maybe lighting up in an airport, but pretty much no change. As for the helmet scam, it was cheap enough and it’s actually a pretty good law with motorised transport, you wanna risk being a vegetable to your aging parents? :yep: 

Missus Vill would not let me on a bike without one m8. I have witnessed it regularly, but mainly on the nutters who choose not to.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Conroy said:

Never saw or heard anything of that nature going on, obviously can't categorically say it doesn't but I never encountered it. I was actually having a smoke at the edge of O'Niells in Bangkok when 3 police walked past, they stopped for a pic close by me with a couple of Western women and went on their way.

I don't think they have any intention of targeting tourists, tourism is a big part of their economy.

Well I hope it is a lot more relaxed, but for me and mine, I have a balcony for toking on.... and a lovely beach, also we are warned in advance of any police precence within a mile of the resort :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I didn't mention anything about helmets? I only rented a scooter a couple of times on the islands and when I did I wore a helmet and neither smoked nor drank any alcohol, I've visited Thailand and the neighbouring countries enough times to be well aware of the dangers.

• Like 3

On 24/10/2022 at 3:05 PM, Themadhippy said:

They have outrageous vape fines for that now , no need to get people for weed. don't bring your vape anywhere near Thailand if your outside unless you want to part with £1k.

In theory importation can get you 10 years.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, Ch@ppers said:

Philippines is backwards compared to LOS, they have only just got duterte Harry out of malacagnang but the killer cops still have the same mentality. 

Well it's true the politics is backwards in the Philippines

The cultivators still produce some the best smoke in S.E.Asia

I love their landrace sativa hash one of my favorites.

Fresh crop from 2023 :yep:

large.received_9629097783828366.jpeg

• Like 5