Green way of life’: Thailand sees cannabis boom after law change

hashi

I wonder what this means then for Thailand.

Tis a shame though i  am sure they will sort it out .

To much money in it for some for them not to.

19 hours ago, Themadhippy said:

Never been a better time to book your ticket, the law is a grey area free for all right now, just don't blaze up in public outside of proper cafes and stick to green remember THC oil and hash are not legal.

• Like 2

@Fatboy77 how long were you out there? Be interesting to hear your experience. I did think about it for a moment, opening a legit business, just didn't have the funds to pay off the locals lol

I spent 5 months living in the North and got to know a few of the locals farming in the jungle and elephant sanctuarys etc, recently spoke to 1 of them near the Burma border and he said it's business as usual unless you've got loadsa doe they don't want to know, seems it's all politics.

Rich get richer :bangin:

• Like 1

Fair enough, probably still the same then if you're a farang lol I done a month down south then chased the hippy vibe up north so not so familiar.

I got a few pals doing well out there, generally not to Oz though.

Big balls sir, big balls lol

A trip over may be on the cards though, literally had a friend ring me this evening seeing if I wanted to come over :taz:

15 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Good luck with the locals.  I lived there for a while running a restaurant and we suffered numerous shake downs.  You need a Thai business partner too, but that's entirely sensible if you want to survive.

The question wasn't about going there and starting a business the question was about going there as a tourist I don't see the link??

I'll be there on Wednesday, tried to change the flight date due to a cousin being ill but prices were horrendous, got a mate sorting me some weed for my arrival :)

4 hours ago, The Villan said:

What area are you travelling to ?

My mate lives an hour from Korat and I'll be there for a bit, got a few nights in Hua Hin booked next week other than that I'll see what happens, if I find a decent hippie area I may well stay there for a week or two :)

1 hour ago, Conroy said:

, if I find a decent hippie area I may well stay there for a week or two :)

Pia springs to mind , have a great time wherever you go.

• Like 1

Have been going down south Thailand for a long time now, away from any town beginning with P and away from the maddening crowds. Plenty of Rasta Bars to keep me and the missus happy :) Missus doesnt eat Thai food, so have plenty of restaurants, some ran by ex pats, that can cook to please her :)

Haven't been since Covid, when we came home last, we went straight into lockdown so am gagging to get back.

Hope you have a good time, and keep us posted on how things are over there after Covid restrictions :)

Cheers

vILL

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 17/09/2022 at 6:32 PM, The Villan said:

Have been going down south Thailand for a long time now, away from any town beginning with P and away from the maddening crowds. Plenty of Rasta Bars to keep me and the missus happy :) Missus doesnt eat Thai food, so have plenty of restaurants, some ran by ex pats, that can cook to please her :)

Haven't been since Covid, when we came home last, we went straight into lockdown so am gagging to get back.

Hope you have a good time, and keep us posted on how things are over there after Covid restrictions :)

Cheers

vILL

I'm back in the UK now :)

Went to a few places, started off a couple of hours north of Bangkok at my mate's place, he'd sorted me 10g of brickweed, which was ok as an emergency smoke but I ended up mainly using it as a mixer.

Then I headed south to the Islands leaving him and his wife in Hua Hin.

When I got there masks were compulsory in stores and on all public transport. This law was relaxed on 1st October but the Health Minister advised people to carry on wearing them on public transport,  there was pretty much 100% compliance when I was in Bangkok and that was 2 weeks after the rules were relaxed.

Much less mask wearing around Koh's Tao, Phangan and Samui.

As for weed it's more or less everywhere, particularly in the tourist areas, varying quality and price, some grown locally  (I saw some monster plants on Koh Phangan) and some imported, mainly from California.

Price range was anywhere from £4 to £25 per gram, obviously local stuff was cheaper.

The important thing I found was that it's basically paradise on earth now :D anywhere you can smoke cigarettes you can smoke cannabis and nobody bats an eyelid, there's no stigma, you can roll up anywhere, I even had a joint in the smoking area of Koh Samui airport departure lounge and took weed quite openly on the plane from there to Bangkok.

If you go for a smoking room in Bangkok like I did you can smoke weed there too, no need to hide the stuff when you go out either :)

I've pretty much decided I'm going to live there, probably next year.

• Like 8

anywhere you can smoke cigarettes you can smoke cannabis and nobody bats an eyelid

Until a local cop whos down on overtime decides the smell is causing public nuisance and hits you with a 25,000 baht "fine",pay up or its 3 months inside.

• Like 1