Green way of life’: Thailand sees cannabis boom after law change

hashi

True and now they have Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos Jr .

He has said he will not go back and join the ICC.

Maybe Thailand set to be the only green nation in  Asia.

Like SA is in Africa , i dont think no other African  nation has made it legal  over their.

• 2 weeks later...

The market in LOS is changing quickly lots of people selling "Squirrel tails" for £75 quid a Kg, others asking for "Cali" lots of absolute crap Bush around and brick-weed. large.Screenshot_20220813_205158.jpg

• Like 6

I'll be there next month visiting a mate, his wife is sorting me some out for when I get there, hopefully reasonable quality.

I'm all ears if anyone has any tips about where to pick up the good stuff, I'll be travelling around a bit so knowledge from a variety of areas is good :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Conroy said:

I'll be there next month visiting a mate, his wife is sorting me some out for when I get there, hopefully reasonable quality.

I'm all ears if anyone has any tips about where to pick up the good stuff, I'll be travelling around a bit so knowledge from a variety of areas is good :)

They are crying out for cali weed and seeds over there, there's already some western growers working on projects, look on the Thai marketplaces on Facebook, its sold openly.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 6:06 AM, rolio said:

I know someone who's doing real well out of this, it's quite nice to see someone who's particularly good at what they do make a legitimate living tbh 

Ditto m8, I know how hard it has been for some good Thai friends since the pendemic. I haven't been for two years but keep in touch. One particular friend loves his little personal grow room, and it's always nice to visit when I get the ok from him. I haven't heard anything from them about the change of law and how it would have a direct input on him but I can't wait to find out in December :)

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, Newcouch said:

I'm confused. It seems the govt have legalised hemp  Les than 0.2% THC, and not the flowers. But everyone is growing, selling smoking proper stuff?

Is that right?

Crazy.

Is that right ? Crazy.

That is Thailand :)

• Like 2

Apparently the Thai government is also looking into the medicinal properties of psilocybin and hopes to create a new anti-depressant from them.

Pot-smoking tourists not welcome in Thailand, says health minister

Thailand's health minister on Wednesday discouraged tourists from visiting the country only to smoke weed, just two months after new laws were passed that have largely decriminalized the drug.
"We don't welcome those kinds of tourists," Anutin Charnvirakul told reporters when asked about recreational marijuana use among foreign visitors.
In 2018, Thailand became the first Southeast Asian country to legalize cannabis for medical use. In June, the entire plant was decriminalized, leading to widespread recreational use.
Despite the government's pleas against getting high, cannabis businesses with special smoking rooms have been a hit with locals and visitors.
But those smoking in public risk facing a three-month jail sentence or fines of up to 25,000 baht ($705.82).
Anutin's comments come even as foreign arrivals start to pick up in the tourism-reliant country. Southeast Asia's second-largest economy expects 8 million to 10 million arrivals this year, above an earlier forecast of 7 million.
Last year, the pandemic slashed foreign arrivals to just 428,000, compared with a record of nearly 40 million in 2019.
Thailand has focused its cannabis policy on the 28 billion baht ($790.29 million) industry built around its medical and health benefits.
Anutin said, however, recreational use could be explored once there was better understanding of the drug.
"It might come in the near future," he said.
Thailand's cannabis policy has also drawn interest from regional neighbors like Malaysia, which is studying the use of cannabis for medical purposes.

As much as i love the killer skunk i might be one of the few who when he goes to the Dam.

Along with my  hash and bud that i would get i would always get some bush weed.

Be it African or asian.

It might look and smell totally utter shite .Still whats that saying dont judge a book by its cover.

Alot of the  strong cultivars i find the hit comes hard goes quick ya need to jam ed 20 mins later and have another spliff.

With bush weed the hit might not be so full on but i often find it more trippy and longer lasting .

So if Thailand makes a good go of it which i really do hope that they do .Which Asain country does everyone think will be next.

Answers on a postcard  lol

Edited by hashi