How regular do you flush

Darknight420710

Hi all im just about out week 8 and moving into week 9 and started to flush my plants.

I've now managed to get my run off same as being put in but im wondering how often do I flush the plants.  

In coco and I was feeding 3x daily throughout, do I still feed plain water 3x daily even though run off is where I want or do I let it now dry out and use any reserves in the leaves?

The last time I've judt chopped when it's like this and I'm in no rush on this grow so would like to get it right. 

Thanks 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

Neat water flushing is counter productive in coco if you have low EC water in my research on the subject.

The Coco just releases what it has stored and the idea of fixed minerals in the plant being able to 'flush out' is lost on me.

This is irrelevant tho TBF as the same study suggested it made next to no difference if you feed or flush.

https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/rxgt_trials/flushing-trial/

"CONCLUSION

In a first of its kind study, Rx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of flushing period on yield, potency, terpenes, mineral content, and taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Overall, the length of the flushing period did not impact yield, potency, terpenes, or taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Taste test results indicated a trend toward improved flavor and smoke quality with the zero-day flush. While there were no significant differences in nutrient content, there was a trend toward increased iron and zinc in flower flushed for 14 days. The results of this trial indicate that there is no benefit to flushing Cannabis flower for improved taste or consumer experience." - IMPACT OF DIFFERENT FLUSHING TIMES ON QUALITY AND TASTE IN CANNABIS SATIVA L.- Data presented by: Stephanie Wedryk, PhD, Director of R&D at Rx Green Technologies Taylor Wall, Research Operations Lead at Rx Green Technologies Ryan Bennett, Research Associate at Rx Green Technologies

"Almost all Feeding induced stress factors can be induced with light spectrum" - Dr Bugby

With the focus on saving money.....I also flush for a week with 0EC water.....but this is cause Im a tight cunt and I don't trust myself not to overfeed lollollol  

(I apologise as I have ranted on about this before.....many times lollol just thought you may find it an interesting read :yep:)

• Like 5

I've only been growing in coco for a couple of years,

but when doing my research I found that this was one of those things where some say you need to but others say yo don't.

Here's my take on things :) 

There's no real need to flush at the end of a run,

unless you've been overfeeding them.

Check your runoff to see if flushing is really necessary.

Just slowly reduce the amount of nutes towards the harvest day.

This is another benefit of growing in coco rather than compost.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Thanks @ukbudzthat's what I'll do to the end and hopefully its within the next 7 days lol I said that 14 days ago twice lol

@zen-ken and @Shumroom I think I have overfed, it's my biggest mistake of let's feed more and make them bigger when all I've done is make leaves look darker and give a run off as high as 2.4ec. 

My ec now isn't even flashing on my bluelab and I'll see how it goes now and maybe do a test on 1 plant next time around and not flush just to see if there much comparison, I can't see it being any worse than the stuff you buy in the scheme  lol

• Like 1

If one can conceivably get a metallic taste, then you have overfed them and you ain't getting them out because they are immobile. Feed less.

Calcium (Ca), sulfur (S), iron (Fe), boron (B) and copper (Cu) are
immobile. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darknight420710 said:

My ec now isn't even flashing on my bluelab

:eek:

Yeah......I would probably get an enzyme product out in that case and flush the fuck out of them.

Are the tips not burning?

• Like 1

@zen-kenNo I mean on the opposite end of being below 0.2ec, it'll be day 56 tomorrow and I reduced the feed last week by 0.2 per day and now its plain water.. just hoping I haven't started to soon though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darknight420710 said:

@zen-kenNo I mean on the opposite end of being below 0.2ec, it'll be day 56 tomorrow and I reduced the feed last week by 0.2 per day and now its plain water.. just hoping I haven't started to soon though 

:rofl: sorry bro....I thought you meant it was off the top of the scale 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, here I am nearly 2wk later and I'd say my plants are completely flushed, im loving the colours thats now coming out in the leaves and flowers. 

My question is do I actually keep giving them water right to the day before I chop or do I finally stop watering them a few days before chopping.

Just not sure what the best approach is so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks 

• Like 1

me personally I flush until the last day, chop the next, gives the pots a day to dry out before having to oomph them away

[I too love the colourful changes happening in the flowers]

mystic

• Like 2

I like to chop well watered plants and prefer to chop first thing at lights on as the plants will be at their peak turgidity, in my experience this slows down the drying process and lends itself to a nicer end product 

• Like 1

@mysticriver just means yer plants are holding more water come chop so they take longer to dry , I dry whole untrimmed plants and tbh my drying tent isn't as dialled in as I'd really like (occasionally gets up to 18 or 19c) so any additional wet weight I can get in them definitely helps.

• Like 2

Just now, BilgePump said:

occasionally gets up to 18 or 19c

how are u keeping' it around below that, ac?

edit- or u live in Scotland lol

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2