Reading recommendations for using led

cypo74

2 hours ago, Exhale said:

@cypo74 Yeah one should be enough for 1m2 

What kinda numbers you getting on the outside edges with that light mate as the ppfd chart only shows 120 x 60

wondering if I’d get away with one of those in a 1.2m2 tent as I’m in the market for a new light soon

my current light at 11” (same as the chart for your light) using the Photone light meter, I’m getting around 1000 ppfd but that’s using 640w not 320

mines on full power at about 20” giving me around 800ppfd

11 hours ago, cypo74 said:

wondering if I’d get away with one of those in a 1.2m2 tent as I’m in the market for a new light soon

You would lose 300umols with an extra foot around 2 edges, with a 3.0umol/j efficiency you'd need 450 watts or just a bit more for a 1.2m to hit 850

• Like 4

On 23/06/2022 at 8:21 PM, cypo74 said:

The Par+ Ultra are designed to run in the specified area to get the best numbers. In larger areas than specified, you will get substantial drop off at the edges. You can push the bars together and raise the light to compensate for this but then it's defeating the point of the design.

@Exhale got his in a 1mx1m as that's his area. It would be better if he got a 1.2m and ran 2.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ledgrowlights-Adam said:

The Par+ Ultra are designed to run in 

Thanks mate, I’ll be in touch when it’s time for the new light