Reading recommendations for using led

cypo74

Hi all, been watching a few vids by dr bugbee on the tube where he talks about running lights at higher intensity’s but all the other parameters need to be in check, light, heat, airflow, RH, nutes etc. but he doesn’t go into too much detail.

he’s basically saying that light stress is not too much light, it’s your other parameters are out of line, I’m using LED

Anyone have any good reading recommendations to fill my brain with?

cheers lads

Edited by cypo74
  • Like 1

You had to pay $2000 and do both online courses to get the rest lol 

I had registration for the second course that was run but had to pull out due to financial restraints :wallbash:

• Like 1

I think a lot has already been said?

I've looked into raising co2 levels and all the info I've seen has said this allows to raise levels of everything else 

So it makes sense that if you want to raise 1 element of your environmental then you should raise them all

I'm sure there is a.cut off point and I imagine dr bugbee backs this all up with science which would go way above my head

• Like 3

Haha Fuckin sweet, $1999.95 to go, time to start selling my dirty boxers on eBay 

Edited by cypo74
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, cypo74 said:

he’s basically saying that light stress is not too much light, it’s your other parameters are out of line, I’m using LED

That's correct, a lot of people are running their lights full pelt with PPFD information from across the pond but if you're growing with everything ambient over this side then the numbers are much lower with a few folk around here including myself running the LED's softer producing a bulkier hps-like bud instead of tight rock hard nuggets.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

@cypo74 use a dimmer lol 

I am using a dimmer mate, just interested in what I would need to do to run higher ppfd levels, still learning innit :)

I ran my light at less power this time round and got bigger buds :g::yahoo:

it’s hurting my head abit lol feel like a total green horn again!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Exhale said:

That's correct, a lot of people are running their lights full pelt with PPFD information from across the pond but if you're growing with everything ambient over this side then the numbers are much lower with a few folk around here including myself running the LED's softer producing a bulkier hps-like bud instead of tight rock hard nuggets.

Cheers mate, just trying to get as much info as I can since making the switch from hps to led, didn’t know wtf was going on at first, getting there now…. 

• Like 1

Just now, twigs said:

I ran my light at less power this time round and got bigger buds :g::yahoo:

it’s hurting my head abit lol feel like a total green horn again!

Learnt a lot this grow, was doing my nut in, but thanks to the helpful gents here I’m starting to get my head round it 

• Like 1