Air conditioners...

plantters

12 hours ago, ukbudz said:

I'm looking to pick one up in the next few days ready for harvesting

ive just done this

make sure you get an overpowered, rather than an underpowered unit, for the space

cos ive had to send mine back for a higher btu one

mystic

• Like 2

Hi everyone 

My situation is that I can LEGALLY Grow

4 plants, So I am going to grow 4 plants under 4 x 600 watt lights, 2x mh 2xhps  4 lights all together. 

So therefore Smell leakage is not a Issue Authority's wise,

Its just that it's a Boiling hot country ,the starting temperature is 40 degrees Celsius. Once all the equipment is on the Heat will be unbearable .

So I got no chioce about using a Portable AC ect.

I just don't know how to set things up and dial every thing in.

I have grown in the U.K On and Off for over 20 years and never had major Heat Problems .

Its the first time I am doing a Indoor Grow near the Equator, 

I'm sure lots of people grow Indoors in Spian ,Italy, Australia, And other hot places, 

Does anyone know of a good YouTube tutorial explaining Air conditioner in the Grow tent 

Skunkman.uk 

• Like 2

Just now, Skunkman.uk said:

So I am going to grow 4 plants under 4 x 600 watt lights, 2x mh 2xhps  4 lights all together. 

Sounds like a lot of watts for just 4 plants, How big is your grow space?

Have you thought about switching to LED mate to save on energy bills and heat?

• Like 1

@plantters

I think I am going to use a Dual hose A/C.(I have no other affordable option)

Will it push all my Co2 out of the tent. I will be using a co2 bottle. 

On YouTube some Canadians are demonstrating cooling tents with A Portable AC 

But they have not gone into Fine Detail. 

And I need Fine Detail on  a AC -Grow Tent Setup.

Otherwise im going full steam ahead and going for the Trial and Error Technique, eventually I will work it all out 

I have no choice I can Legally Grow 4 Plants.

Edited by Skunkman.uk
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

@Military Grade

I can Legally Grow 4 Plants ,what ever size I want.

I can change  my house when ever I want .

So my grow space is a large room/bedroom 

But I can keep moving house no issue.

Smell leaking out is no issue,

Its Just a ridiculously Hot country ,which is good to live in , amazing outdoor lifestyle and beaches ect.

But not ideal place for Indoor Growing because of the Heat.

I have to Tackle the Heat I have no choice. 

The Trial And Error Technique has to Kick In,I have been there before and not happy to be there again where I don't know what I'm doing. 

I got Zero Growing issues just Major Heat issues. 

I would like to use 4 x Led lights but that would cost close to £4000 or €4000.(I have to use M/H -HPS lights )

And a portable AC is about £400 or €400

Commanly used in offices homes ect available absolutely everywhere. 

Edited by Skunkman.uk
Spelling mistake

@plantters

I think I am going to use a Dual hose A/C.(I have no other affordable option)

Will it push all my Co2 out of the tent. I will be using a co2 bottle. 

On YouTube some Canadians are demonstrating cooling tents with A Portable AC 

But they have not gone into Fine Detail. 

Otherwise im going full steam ahead and going for the trial and error Technique, eventually I will work it all out 

I have no choice I can Legally Grow 4 Plants.

I also only grow 4 plants at a time, under 4 x 350 Scopex LED which are bigger than needed. Max I have used is 75% of available power giving just under 900Umols at top of plant... Any more without CO2 would fry them. The cost of any 350 LED, a decent make, would probably not equal the cost of the AC system so your heat problems would be much less anyway.

For the AC and cooling tents take a look at these guys, they have some decent info which may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkihcYJCMfY

For me I am in a solid room, Intake and Outtake fans running negative pressure but cooling is an issue in these summer months, winter I need heat!

• Like 2

@plantters

Thanks I will check that out

All help is appreciated .

I was thinking some other grower might have also had Major Heat Problems and figured it all out. 

When I figure it all out I will do a explanation on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skunkman.uk said:

@plantters

Thanks I will check that out

All help is appreciated .

I was thinking some other grower might have also had Major Heat Problems and figured it all out. 

When I figure it all out I will do a explanation on here.

Have a word with @Ledgrowlights-Adam or @ledgrowlights-Craig about LED, they supplied my scopex which are currently in my grow room and subject to a diary here... Scopex 350 x 4 grow diary Havent been very good at keeping it up to date but will in next few days and just out of interest you can get 4 x 300w Maxibrights from here LEDgrowlights for a shade over 1300 quid. Not sure why they are no longer doing Scopex but mine seem to be doing the job they were made for so no issues from me.

Look forward to hearing that you found a solution to the problem but for me my money is on the Kahn set up but will have to wait till next year for the piggy bank to be full enough! Also for you all Kahn models have CO2 integration as standard on the software now so you can kill two birds with one stone there, more info on that on their website

Edited by plantters
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ledgrowlights-Adam said:

@plantters conversion rate plus shipping costs make it impossible for us to import bulk at the moment.

Crap isn't it?

For what its worth they are a great light and I have only used to 75% power in my 2 x 2 room..... Had to get a meter to dial them in and right now, 3 days before harvest, the plants look awesome! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skunkman.uk said:

bro listen up - yesterday I found a product that will take the portable ac unit, for growing and drying, up and onto the next level...

before this, the ac unit has got to be in the same room as the crop (im drying atm) with the hot air vented out of a window

taking with it those tell-tale growing smells

to adjust for this, I had to resort to burning incense in a crack in the door, to mask the smell. but I always am worrying that some weed smells will make there way known outside. it only needs to happen once

but this product - allows you to have the ac unit in another room and blow the cool air into wherever. its for rooms, server cabinets etc. this is also significant because my 1st ac unit (sent back) in the instructions said to not use in an area smaller than 10m2 (I think its because) they can overheat.

its this - Special Venting Kit with Wired Remote and Indoor Controls for Airflex15-V2 (ElectriQ brand) aka comfort kit

its allows me to have the ac unit in, say, the living room and then blow that cold air into the drying room. have that drying room sealed. maybe a dehumidifier in there to take the moisture out of the air. the comfort kit has a thermostat or a temperature gauge at least, so I can set it to 19c, shut the door and away we go...

should be just as easy to put the comfort kit to a tent if you want to keep that cool. blow in the cold air and ur carbon filter/extraction combo shud take care of any smells, nit that ur arsed, legal n all that...

mystic

p.s. can anyone see any problems - have I missed anything?

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2022 at 11:04 AM, mysticriver said:

bro listen up - yesterday I found a product that will take the portable ac unit, for growing and drying, up and onto the next level...

before this, the ac unit has got to be in the same room as the crop (im drying atm) with the hot air vented out of a window

taking with it those tell-tale growing smells

to adjust for this, I had to resort to burning incense in a crack in the door, to mask the smell. but I always am worrying that some weed smells will make there way known outside. it only needs to happen once

but this product - allows you to have the ac unit in another room and blow the cool air into wherever. its for rooms, server cabinets etc. this is also significant because my 1st ac unit (sent back) in the instructions said to not use in an area smaller than 10m2 (I think its because) they can overheat.

its this - Special Venting Kit with Wired Remote and Indoor Controls for Airflex15-V2 (ElectriQ brand) aka comfort kit

its allows me to have the ac unit in, say, the living room and then blow that cold air into the drying room. have that drying room sealed. maybe a dehumidifier in there to take the moisture out of the air. the comfort kit has a thermostat or a temperature gauge at least, so I can set it to 19c, shut the door and away we go...

should be just as easy to put the comfort kit to a tent if you want to keep that cool. blow in the cold air and ur carbon filter/extraction combo shud take care of any smells, nit that ur arsed, legal n all that...

mystic

p.s. can anyone see any problems - have I missed anything?

@mysticriver

Mystic yes

1 Small Problem. 

No mention of what this Amazing Next level Product Is lol

Late response from me.

I had to read your message a few times .

Skunkman.uk 

@Skunkman.uk

Wasn't he referring to this?

Special Venting Kit with Wired Remote and Indoor Controls for Airflex15-V2 (ElectriQ brand) aka comfort kit

• Like 2