Air conditioners...

plantters

hi guys and gals,

might have been asked before but couldnt find anything in the search...

Is there an Air Con unit, either mobile or split that can be programmed for a temperature differential day / night?

It seems like I have been searching forever and have yet to come across a system that does that.

Any info gratefully received

Cheers

• Like 1

kahn mini split can be set day and night time , I think they have a couple of models . the atom and the kahn little boy 

@plantters

I got exactly the same issue with heat,

and I'm looking to buy a Dual Hose Portable AC unit .(but I don't know how to install the AC unit ,does it Sit in the Tent or outside the Tent ect)

And I will also be using CO2 in a plastic bottle 

So I cant have any Extraction or Intake, also  I will be using a using Dehumidifier/Humidifier all in one ,need to get all that Dialled in somehow. 

My temperature outside is 40 Degrees Celsius before switching any lights On. 

I need to be at 30 Degrees Celsius  with lights switched On.

I have also started a Topic on Too much Heat and Portable A/C units ect

But I think I have started it in the wrong section not in the Environment Section. 

Still learning my way around this Website 

I'm not too good with Online Stuff. 

As @stummer has said the cost of electric at the moment is a bitch. It gets to the point of diminishing returns, cost versus weed grown. I ran a dehumidifier two years ago. I've never thought an A/C would prove cost effective in a small grow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skunkman.uk said:

and I'm looking to buy a Dual Hose Portable AC unit .(but I don't know how to install the AC unit ,does it Sit in the Tent or outside the Tent ect)

Most cool the room the tent is in. This also helps stop unfiltered smells getting exhausted directly from your tent and out the window.

• Like 3

I'm looking to pick one up in the next few days ready for harvesting next week but it'll only be used for cooling the room to 16 for drying purposes as it's sitting around 23 at the moment. 

• Like 3

With AC mine is set up so air from a cool part of the house comes Into the grow room location, is treated by the ac and dehumidifiers and then used by the tents which filter/extract externally from there. if it’s a room your growing in you ideally need a lung room next door etc to control input air temps and RH.

The AC as got a dry/low RH feature so I’m using that mode atm too as it’s pretty humid here and I also needed a second mobile dehumidifier that again sits in the room the tents are in, so pre conditioning the air prior to use.  Working ok without controllers.

The Extreme environment swings here makes it expensive to maintain but just about making it through. Hit 36°c at canopy and 80%rh at one point. Roots are 21-22 so thankful there. 

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 2

AC is definetly the way to go they are a bit exspensive but the control you get with environment is second to none my mate got one in his house brilliant not a mobile one thought if I could run one in my space I would invest in the uk

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skunkman.uk said:

@plantters

I got exactly the same issue with heat,

And I will also be using CO2 in a plastic bottle 

So I cant have any Extraction or Intake, also  I will be using a using Dehumidifier/Humidifier all in one ,need to get all that Dialled in somehow. 

My temperature outside is 40 Degrees Celsius before switching any lights On. 

I need to be at 30 Degrees Celsius  with lights switched On.

If you are thinking about a dual hose system like the one in the picture below then my thoughts are to put it outside the tent if you can. They produce quite a bit of heat themselves which can be counterproductive and if you have it inside the tent with the hot air venting to outside then you also need to put that exhaust through a filter or it will just transport all your smells to the outside. Not good if you are like me and need to keep the odours down. Downside of having it outside is that it will most likely give a positive pressure in the tent / room.

That said if you need a sealed system for CO2 then the split system is the only way to go. Chiller unit outside the room and blower inside. Not easy with a tent set up though

large.CMAC12M_1_Supersize.jpg

Edited by plantters
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

As @stummer has said the cost of electric at the moment is a bitch. It gets to the point of diminishing returns, cost versus weed grown. I ran a dehumidifier two years ago. I've never thought an A/C would prove cost effective in a small grow.

@Lux_InteriorRunning off grid with power to spare at the moment so that is not too much of an issue right now but definitely worth thinking about for others

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Levantine Lane said:

kahn mini split can be set day and night time , I think they have a couple of models . the atom and the kahn little boy 

Thanks for that info... Definitely will do the job, Reaper II and even the low end Sentinal also has day / night. Great stuff but not cheap!!

• Like 1

All I have to do with my set up is turn the wall mounted blower to 17°c lights on and 19°c lights off. Otherwise it kicks heat mats in at lights off which is impressive as it’s been 38° outside at times. 

it achieves 28 at canopy on a good/cool day so I’ve stopped worrying elsewhere lol

sometimes root temps have been a bit higher during their night time which isn’t ideals. So say 21.5 during lights on and 22.2 at night briefly. It’s been a dialing process for sure with not much control etc