Too Dry But The Tiny Twigs Were Still Bendy

MidgeSmith

On 09/06/2022 at 0:12 PM, mysticriver said:

bro could you just break this down for me a little - times; signs of when to do it etc

ive got some drying starting today

im always struggling with high temps/low r/h, ive even moved rooms this time where its slightly cooler/higher r/h

in the old room, I had snapping stems in 6 days, which you dont need me to point out it being too quick

I also ike that you mention the apple peel idea, wondered about that lately

mystic

There's no exact science to it really it's all guess work. I'll place then in the rack as normal and then as they start to feel drier I push them closer together and then into open top paper bags. Keeping an eye on the rH the whole time

For the next run I'm planing of wrapping the drying net in some fabric and extracting air with a small case fan on a humidity inkbird

• Like 2

You can buy a wood moisture meter for about £20 on Amazon - stab the stems and if it reads between 8-12% then it's dry and safe to jar.

I bought one for my last run and it helped as the Disco Biscuit is very dense and takes a while to dry fully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BushDoctoR said:

There's no exact science to it really it's all guess work. I'll place then in the rack as normal and then as they start to feel drier I push them closer together and then into open top paper bags. Keeping an eye on the rH the whole time

For the next run I'm planing of wrapping the drying net in some fabric and extracting air with a small case fan on a humidity inkbird

A bit like a Wedry? Not a bad idea!

@DeltaMelter I wonder if that would be feasible on side branches as well as the central stem?  I usually plan to dry the whole plant as cut, but end up separating them into branches.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to sink the two sensors into a side branch 6-12mm across? It's a fantastic idea!

Well that's a no brainer then at less than £20 for well rated ones. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1