Relocation , location, location

Gnarkill102

1 hour ago, Gnarkill102 said:

Might need to go HPS if its getting that cool at night ... will see.

Perhaps hold off on that for a little while. Temps will start going up soon. I don't know about you but it's not been that hot around me the last few days

48 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

Perhaps hold off on that for a little while. Temps will start going up soon. I don't know about you but it's not been that hot around me the last few days

Its scotland, the temps don't go 'up' lol

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gnarkill102 said:

I grew in my garage last year as it was nice and cool and the lights and heat mat kept it perfectly warm enough.

However it wasn't very inconspicuous my garage door faces at close range onto other houses and there's no other entrance. I had it pushed right up the back hidden behind piles boxes etc so you didn't immediately see anything with the door open , however it became rather difficult to hide what i was doing in there eg closing the garage door behind me looked odd etc.

Right ive got one tent setup in the loft and left the fans and lights running for 2 days to check the environment ....

Its dogshit , With lights on during the day for 18 hours and off at night i had a maximum saved temp of 32oC with a humidity of 45% , and a Minimum night temp of 14oC with 70% Humidity .... that was in the space of 24hours.

Ive reversed the lights to be on overnight and off in the afternoon should stable the temps out somewhat and see what that saves on the monitor. Should lower the Day temp and raise the night temp. Might need to go HPS if its getting that cool at night ... will see.

I’m other end of the country to you never gets that cold ere gets abit hot in summer but I can pull better bud in the winter it seems  :smokin:

what most of us loft growers do is exactly that - lights on night / off day 

got mine on 18/6 - I find lights off between 10am and 4 pm is best for me.

Right Bigger tent is setup , 120x60x150 which is still small by most standards but i could get 2-3 plants in here easy. 

I got a new fan a high velocity inline duct fan , forget the brand ill check later. 

I have heard 757s taking off from Manchester quieter than this .... 

I need a fan controller i dont have one yet , as its max rating is 350m3 which is way more than i need , half that would be fine so hopefully tuning it to 50-60% speed will help. 

I got acoustic ducting which helped a bit but still loud as F 

Thinking of building an acoustic box around it , seen a few online.

Any recommendations of a cheap fan controller , im rooked this month.

• Like 1

Ended up going for a Mission Controls Logic FAN temp controller for the fan. 

Going to see about DIY building an acoustic box for it as well with some egg crate foam inside or something 

Edited by Gnarkill102

On 05/06/2022 at 3:03 PM, Gnarkill102 said:

Its scotland, the temps don't go 'up'

whenever I see the weatherr report, I always feel a sense of sympathy for you, in the cold like... 

from sometimes sunny East Midlands 

mystic

• Like 1

Just now, mysticriver said:

whenever I see the weatherr report, I always feel a sense of sympathy for you, in the cold like... 

from sometimes sunny East Midlands 

mystic

Funny i say that but recently im struggling with sweltering temps in the tent 28-31oC 

Or it falls off a cliff to 15oC 

Can i not little red ridding hood it please and have a just right ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gnarkill102 said:

I have heard 757s taking off from Manchester quieter than this .... 

haha my old fan was like that :shock: