If I get a Mighty will I regret not getting a Mighty+ ?

Should Know Betterer

Hi all, I'm wanting to go down the vape and pure smoke road for health reasons, from my research the Mighty looks to be the vaporizer for me, but, I'm on a budget, is the difference between the models large enough that I'd regret getting the original Mighty over the Mighty+,  trouble is I don't know anybody that uses one and online reviews can only tell you so much, its a lot of money so I want to make sure I'm getting the right tool for the job, and £60 minimum saved every month on tobacco would soon pay for itself u suppose,  thanks for any input, oh and yeah I would be ordering from Vapefiend 

:skin_up:

I got a mighty a few months ago and I don't regret it, it is a beast of a vape that produces really nice consistent clouds.

I have found the vapour to be a bit more 'coughy' which took me some time to get used to but now I don't mind it so much.

I use both a mighty and a dynavap / induction heater combo as my regular daily drivers.

I wanted to get it at vapefiend as I buy most of my vapes there, but I found another UK supplier who had a discount on it and I got it for £180 so shop around.

• Like 3

I've had original mighty for years, well I did do until I lost it. I dropped it weekly if not daily and it's still worked everytime, a real decent bit of kit. Trusty af. 

I will be 200% getting another at some point the only difference I think battery and tbh the battery on the original is great it easily did me 5/6 loads if not more... Easy to charge n u can even use while changing so it's not pain in the ass tbh. 

You won't regret either. Next I might even go for crafty tbh. I only use in the evenings so the added pocket size would be result.  But it is night to have the temperature controls like the mighty. I'd start at 185c n work up in batch's of 5c until 210c for final naill in the coffin, good luck lets us know what you think.

GG

• Like 3

I use the Mighty and I'm considering upgrading to the Mighty+, the main reason being that I don't like the forced 2 minute timer on the Mighty. All my bowls last about 5-10 minutes so having it shut off after 2 minutes is frustrating, I'm having to press the buttons all the time to keep it on. Apparently you can connect the Might+ to the Storz and Bickel app which lets you change the auto shutoff timer settings, which is much more appealing to me. It's my only gripe with the Mighty, otherwise a brilliant vape. Never understood the 2 minute timer thing, seems like a fundamental design floor to me. Maybe I'm missing something here?

• Like 5

@all thank you for your quick replies, I'm mainly a home smoker so the battery issue shouldn't really come in to it, original Mighty it is, the differences with the Mighty+ aren't screaming at me that I'd need to spend the extra, and I think with some extra dosing capsules and a few of the mesh drip pads it'll be enough to keep me busy for a while, or rooted to the sofa, either is fine with me, thanks guys

The reason they had a two minute timer was to protect the battery life as the technology wasn’t as good when made originally . Personally I prefer my minivaps over the mighty I also have. 

• Like 5

Just wait until you have to send the unit back to the factory just to have the battery changed lol 

TinyMight for the win.

Vapefiend have let me down quite a bit with a few things, they seem to be the only vape suppliers with little to no aftercare in the way of actually supporting something they sell - they've not consistently got the spares and accessories in for the FlowerPot or the TinyMight where others seem to offer quite a bit of choice - I've also seen the forum discount get knocked down to god knows how it's worked out now.

If you're going to spend money on a vape make sure the parts are relatively easy to replace/modify yourself with the only time you need to send it back to the factory is if it's something absolutely unfixable yourself otherwise you'll regret that first proper drop (which will happen).

I'll save the best for last...

Why on earth would you choose a vape that makes you look like you're sucking off a Dalek? 

• Like 6

Sorry for a bit of a derail but a bit silly to start another thread.

What would peeps recommend for a cheap herb vape ?

With the price of baccy going through the roof i am keen to give it a try but don't want to fork out for something that will just get slung in a draw if i cant get on with it.

I know a few will say a dynavap but even they are 70/80 quid which is a bit steep to just try for a total vape noob.

@murphyblue

I started with the spirit by storm, it is a conduction based vape which I found was pretty similar to smoking a joint and this similarity was what allowed me to quit smoking.

I believe the successor is the sapphire and is cheaper but I haven't tried it. I think @vince noir rock n roll star used the sapphire and liked it.

I eventually upgraded my spirit to a dynavap, and added an Xmax V3 pro and mighty to the lineup.

The Xmax V3 pro is another nice budget vape, but being convection it might not give you the satisfying hit you need when you are coming off combustion.

• Like 2

I like Arizer brand and storz n bik mighty/ crafty.  Dont really like my dynovap looks a lot like crack pipe is fiddly as fuck n can burn your self very easily. 

Tiny might looks smart, but never used one. But glass stem puts me off I will break it in 2 mins.

the mighty just bounces tbh, can't say I've heard of one break tbh. 

Just now, growinggold said:

Dont really like my dynovap looks a lot like crack pipe is fiddly as fuck n can burn your self very easily.

I didn't like the dynavap either when I had to use a torch to heat it up, way too fiddly and inconsistent. Get an induction heater though it is a game-changer, it is by far my favourite and hardest hitting vape now I just wish the bowls were bigger.

• Like 1

Thanks @green_machine will have a google.

Cant really afford anything yet been on the sick for 3 weeks so cash a bit tight at moment but i have ditched the dealer so makes sense to try and save more cash by ditching the baccy.

• Like 3

@murphyblue vaping really is different sorts high. It's cleaner more heady imo. Better taste but not as bang. Its hard explain but it's definitely different n might an might not be what you want. I use a mix now of single Skinner blunts n vape. Blunts in the evening n vape in the day. 

• Like 4

@murphyblue I got myself a £20 jobby just to see if vapeing could be an option,  think its called a Pathfinder v2, tbh it doesn't find its way out of the drawer any more, it's rubbish, I'm on a budget too but the old adage buy cheap buy twice is true, I can only really buy once so I try to buy the best I can for what I can manage to cope with rather than what I can afford, and the perceived financial savings of not buying baccy kind of lessens the blow a bit for me, I find it's the same with grow equipment,  if there's a thing I want to get I always look at the one above it just incase it's worth saving up those pennies a little while longer,  I'd be happy with an original Mighty for now I think, I don't think the Mighty+ is different enough , and it would have paid for itself, in my mind, after a few months of hopefully being tobacco free

(+I'll stop using spliff roll emoji)

• Like 1