MEGAPOT VS AUTOPOTS

Greenhaus

You need the timer , without it trays won't ever be empty until the Res has drained.

The valve is just a standard loo style ballcock type float valve , unlike the somewhat over engineered aquavalve.

It's the combination of the run time/frequency timer and adjustable float valves that makes the easyfeed so versatile and no nonsense.

Fwiw the timer will easily last 3 months on a cheap battery

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

You need the timer , without it trays won't ever be empty until the Res has drained.

The valve is just a standard loo style ballcock type float valve , unlike the somewhat over engineered aquavalve.

It's the combination of the run time/frequency timer and adjustable float valves that makes the easyfeed so versatile and no nonsense.

Fwiw the timer will easily last 3 months on a cheap battery

With my autopots now, my trays always have water so pots are always sitting in water….until the rez is empty. I have a good couple of inches of clay pebbles in the bottom of my fabric pots but doesn’t cause me any problems. Was hoping I could use the easyfeed in the same way…. Without no flooding lol 

Oh you absolutely could have it set like that I suppose , you'd just need to set the float very low , it works well with the timer though , same principle with the clay pebbs too.

Fwiw I had the battery go on the timer once and it stopped on open , I had the floats set for about an inch and a half of water in the trays and the timer was supposed to run for 3 minutes , all that happened was the plants sat in an inch and a half of water , it never flooded beyond the trays.

1 hour ago, Greenhaus said:

With my autopots now, my trays always have water so pots are always sitting in water….until the rez is empty. I have a good couple of inches of clay pebbles in the bottom of my fabric pots but doesn’t cause me any problems. Was hoping I could use the easyfeed in the same way…. Without no flooding lol 

Buy ont those gravity feed timers ... I have autopots and looking for plantit timer or easy feed timer but can`t find specs to figure out what extra feetings i need to fit them ... 

@Canna Denfour20 the plant¡t and easyfeed timers are the same (both hydrogarden) get a kingfisher one off the big River , they're better.

The timer will screw straight onto the ¾ inch threaded outlet on a flexitank so in theory you shouldn't need additional connectors , if you do need anything it's all standard garden hose fittings. :yep:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

@BilgePump Thanks for getting back to me. Will have a look at kingfisher . ..  I am on 24/0 at the moment but need to think about flowering watering

Do you have filters inline?

AND did you clean the water butt/reservoir first

Even the smallest particle can block you need to scrub the crap out the reservoir if it's hard plastic

@Hydroponicgardener I have an autpot full setup for 1 plant - 15L system with 47l plastic water tank supplied by autopots. I haven't used it it as I am rooting the plant atm. Defo will give a good clean before run nutes ... Nope I do not have an inline filters but can connect one as I have spare in Blumat (8mm Washable Fuel Filter Motorcycle Inline Petrol Diesel Filter). 7mm inline diameter should be ok as I am using Canna nutes and will use water pump maxijet on 24/7 once i start autopots and on top of this will use NURTURE Sanitise to keep feeding line clean. 

@BilgePump need your advice if you don`t mind. What hose connector do I need to use for kingfisher (tap connector top) to connect my 9mm autopot feed line? 

large.Inked41Hl6fdczvL._AC_SL1000__LI.jpg 

I need to buy barbed reducer 13mm to 9mm for bottom, right? 

Thanks in advance! 

@Canna Denfour20 does yer res/Flexi have a threaded outlet? Those timers work best as the first thing coming off yer reservoir, if you don't have a male thread available you can get bits easily enough , ¾in male to male threaded connector should suffice in a search bar :yep:

You can get a claber threaded reducer for the bottom attachment , just unscrew the push fit hose adapter and screw on the reducer 

Edited by BilgePump
More.

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

@Canna Denfour20 does yer res/Flexi have a threaded outlet? Those timers work best as the first thing coming off yer reservoir, if you don't have a male thread available you can get bits easily enough , ¾in male to male threaded connector should suffice in a search bar :yep:

You can get a claber threaded reducer for the bottom attachment , just unscrew the push fit hose adapter and screw on the reducer 

thanks mate!