MEGAPOT VS AUTOPOTS

Greenhaus

Hi 420

Anybody have any experience with mega pots? I’m currently using autopots but constantly having the valves get stuck and flooding… always cleaned and use line cleaner but can’t relax, go to the spot expecting a flood every time!

Heard from a friend there’s new system out that’s similar, the mega pot. Less likely to block with bigger irrigation lines and bigger shut off valve. Seems bit more simpler.

I'm yet to speak to anyone who’s actually using the mega pot, was hoping some of you have experience with them… 

Thanks 

They look flimsy , have a look at the alien easyfeed system,  it's absolutely bomb proof :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenhaus said:

Go to the spot expecting a flood every time

Are you using them for guerilla growing??

Just now, SmokeTester said:

@GreenhausWhy are your autopots flooding?

Have no idea, I’ve upgraded to the new valves also. I make sure they’re thoroughly cleaned each round but they seem to flood every now and again. Can be fine for few weeks/days and out of nowhere I come back to them overflowed into my catchment trays which are big so saves messing the floor but then I have to spend an hour emptying and drying them. I need a self feed system as I’m away couple of days at a time so gravity fed system like autopots are ideal but I need something more reliable.

• Like 1

Just now, BilgePump said:

Are you using them for guerilla growing??

No. I just mean it’s not at my home it’s at my friends house. So don’t have access every day, he has no experience with growing so he provides the space and I the knowledge, we both share the smoke. 

Edited by Greenhaus

55 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

They look flimsy , have a look at the alien easyfeed system,  it's absolutely bomb proof :yep:

I will check them out now. I like the way you’ve said bomb proof. I need something like this.

• Like 1

@Greenhaus Sorry to hear about your problems, floods are bad news.

I have been using autopots for years and so never had a flood. I have had blockages though. One of the thing i like about them is they are simple and reliable. I don't like the way the valves are held into the trays though. Are the valves coming coming away from the trays, or is the valve itself sticking open?

@Greenhaus are you by any chance using the airdomes? I had a few leaks caused by the dome getting full of roots and forcing the air down and swishing the water and upsetting the float. 

21 minutes ago, SmokeTester said:

@Greenhaus Sorry to hear about your problems, floods are bad news.

I have been using autopots for years and so never had a flood. I have had blockages though. One of the thing i like about them is they are simple and reliable. I don't like the way the valves are held into the trays though. Are the valves coming coming away from the trays, or is the valve itself sticking open?

I think that when they empty and fill back up it somehow stays open. Had it happen on different trays. They are securely fitted into the tray. Tried everything but still keeps happening randomly every now and again. Last run it happened once or twice through whole cycle and self corrected itself as there was only couple of litres of water… the time before it was happening every week. I’ve took them out cleaned and disassembled them and built them back after it happened but still keeps happening. Fed up now so definitely want another system.

• Like 1

Just now, Wag said:

@Greenhaus are you by any chance using the airdomes? I had a few leaks caused by the dome getting full of roots and forcing the air down and swishing the water and upsetting the float. 

I do have air domes. I used to use them but compared to not using them, I couldn’t see any difference between the 2 so stopped using them and put them into storage. I have socks on my fabric pots and have no roots in the trays at all so this isn’t the problem either….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Just looked it up,how many pots would you use per 600w in 1.2m2 space for short veg grow?

Personally I'd stick 4 XL trays in and use different fab pots , root nurse 15L examples were my favourites when I was running my easyfeed.

I'd also put the res outside of the tent , raised up a foot or two for a little extra pressure but I wasn't particularly bothered about a swift veg time , I imagine you could squeeze 6 or 8 of the standard trays in  :yep:

• Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 6:12 AM, rumplestilskin'n said:

used blumats and would never go back @Greenhaus look them up they're fantastic work on gravity too, more height more pressure 

will have a look. thanks