Piper.180

34 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

I'll go against the grain and say it's extremely difficult to overfeed a plant in no till using dry amendments

Difficult I'm not sure about.  I've got a pal who has fucked his no-till soil mix about three times in a row.  Too much N is his usual problem.  The lad was a member here for over a decade so no newbie. 

@Piper.180 I used ecothrive life cycle and Dr forest premium fertilizer.

@fatboy77 how did he manage it 3 times without changing anything, surely when the first crop went south you would go back to the drawing board and evaluate what amendments you've used and what could be causing the issue. 

All I can go on is my own experience of no till/living soil for the last few years and I've never had a overfed seedling, cutting or plant even when I top dressed double the amount of life cycle with new cuts going in, I can't say the same if you fed a double dose of salts to say a coco plant, she would not be happy very quickly hence the difficulty part. 

@ukbudz the Dr forest looks perfect, it'll take a lot of the guess work out of it for me. Can I mix that with any potting soil? I usually use the plant magic soil. 

@ukbudz I agree that it is harder to over fertilise a Notill pot and it is much more forgiving of something like you did but it is still possible over time if constantly using bad practices.

Edited by QFMAC