RDWC Build help.

co4ie

Just now, stu914 said:

It most certainly is...achieved with a feckoff big gap...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hope your well brother..... my very best to the family

Will get me next effort up and tag you as the last one went VERY sideways.

Hoping for something nice from money mike this run :yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Just now, zen-ken said:

the last one went VERY sideways.

Struggling along bud, hope you and yours are well...speaking of sideways, mine has fucked up this time.

No idea what's gone wrong but only a couple more weeks and they'll be out, reduced yield but I'll get enough for me.

(At least I've already proved on previous grows, it's not the gap...:wassnnme:  :rofl:)

Onwards and upwards...:yep:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here I am with a little update on the project and some issues. Didn't manage to keep a grow diary here as I planned, maybe next time.

I decided to go with your advice @badbillybob and only do 2 plants.

24 May - seeds in water

7 June - moved seedlings to temporary 32l bin ro water, 5.8 ph, 360 ppm,  505 ec 

23 June - moved to permanent setup 110l ro water, 5.7 ph, 1000 ppm , 1420 ec. Liquid silicon 35ml , CalMag 50ml , root stim 75ml , ionic grow 500ml and a bit of ph down. 

7 July - Up to this point ph was rising slightly/daily, water levels droping and plants growing nicely. In the folowing 3 days ph started droping fast from 5.9 to 5.4 in 3 days. Noticed some kind of light oily film on top of water in the bins

10 July - Flushed system, cleaned bins and changed water. New nutrients same as before, started at 5.6 ph and 1400 ec.

For 3 days Ph was rising slowly ,plants are showing new growth and water levels are dropping. Then PHstarted dropping again. This morning ph was 5.4, added ph up to 5.83 and now I'm looking for answers. . Why would ph drop so fast ? 

In between time I had an atempt at FIM and LST , don't know how to judge this as it's my first grow :) . Except the ph issues, how am I doing? 

@stu914 there's a gap there :D 

large.3.jpeglarge.1.jpeg

Plant on the left

large.2.jpeg

Plant on the right

large.4.jpeg

• Like 1

@co4ie

Hi mate,

They look good from above but those roots seem to have a brownish tinge which can indicate root rot, dropping ph indicates something's not right.

Notice the roots are only coming out of the mesh pots in a few places, have a look back through the thread and you'll see the rootmass Billy and I get.

Looks like the plants went into the system too early without sufficient rootball formed, classic mistake almost everyone makes at the start,

See what Ken and Billy have to say...:yep:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@co4ie

Hi mate,

They look good from above but those roots seem to have a brownish tinge which can indicate root rot, dropping ph indicates something's not right.

Notice the roots are only coming out of the mesh pots in a few places, have a look back through the thread and you'll see the rootmass Billy and I get.

Looks like the plants went into the system too early without sufficient rootball formed, classic mistake almost everyone makes at the start,

See what @zen-ken and Billy have to say...:yep:

Thanks for the reply mate. The brownish tinge is from the nutrients, the actual color of the nutrients is light brownish. Water temps are between 18-19 degrees.

I did notice the roots everyone has , just that mine didn't really want to have allot of lateral growth. I do agree with you that I might have moved them into the system too early and they might have been shocked a bit. 

Just now, co4ie said:

brownish tinge is from the nutrients

I get the same from nutes, scares the shite out of you first time you spot it....

Having a good rootball is critical with this system bud, if it's large enough there is no shock to the plant when it goes into the system.

If you're going to veg these to fill the space tie the leading tops down as flat as possible to open up the centre of the plant.

As the other tops grow they in turn get tied the same way. You could just flower them as they are...choices, choices...:rofl:

• 1 month later...

Looking good!!

I think I’m going start a thread on a new RDWC was up late last night reading @badbillybobset ups. 
Got confused as there were so many lol

But the advice was great regarding DO etc. 

What’s a decent tub these days?

Never seen these in the pic??

Seems like the only decent tub out there I can find is the 84l RUB in black. 

Going to a x4 or x8 tub with twin 40mm and 22mm overflow feeds. 

But I like those tubs!!!

following. 

ikea sorterra are the ones i use, they do 40 or  60 litre jobs, or really usefull box company boxes, in black, direct from manufacturer mate. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, badbillybob said:

ikea sorterra are the ones i use, they do 40 or  60 litre jobs, or really usefull box company boxes, in black, direct from manufacturer mate. 

I've used rub (really useful box) before, 35l ones, made a mistake by not allowing for lids when i had them close.

Just checked those ikea 60l ones out, wow, they are great with the viewing hatch and the height, do you prefer them to rubs?

Plus the sided look angled to me which could be a problem....

Thinking in 2.4 x 1.2 tent, i could stretch to 2.4 x 2.4 but would not be ideal with main tank outside.

What could i fit in in 2.4 x1.2? with tough ik (Ikea abbreviation from now on..lol).

Also been looking at 3" Koi stuff as, but i have a load of grey 40mm solvent to use up that i purchased after my last DISASTER with soaked cubes/rotted stem/no growth and it hit me hard, i gave up tbh, plus the endless leaks on pushfit.

Think i need to start a thread pal, can i tag/paste copy an image uploader (imgr) for pics, just click the 'insert media' from bottom right or do i just copy/paste it??

3" is what we need but it's expensive gear, i think unless you absolutely scrub/run system for days with cleaner then you will run into problems with Pythium etc, a new sw (solvent weld) set up each grow would be ideal tbh, just keep the buckets....with 3" u can get your hands inside and clean etc, or an i wrong in thinking here and single or double cheapy 40mm sv would suffice.

here's a good video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPWN5atC0BY

edit- then again looking at video you can just disconnect all the 'joiners' via the tc (tank connectors) and clean them if needed, but like i said u can get your hand in them or even a scrubbing brush.

cheers

Edited by takeiteazy

Here I am close to the finish line, I never thought I'll get this far with so little issues. I don't even know what to say.. the smell , the stickyness , the buds ..  beautifull. 

Now I'm looking for some advice  @badbillybob @stu914 ... How should I get ready for the dry/cure? And based on the (bad) pictures below how much time do I have to get ready? Next week it's going to be a really busy one for me and I don't want to fuck it up at the end.

Are jars and Boveda 62% the only things I need to cure ? What's your prefered method?

I was thinking of thowing the trimmings/larf in a jar with ethyl alcohol to make tincture. Any advice on this ?

Any other tips not to waste/fuckup anything? 

large.20220918_160010.jpglarge.2.jpg

large.20220918_160118.jpg

large.20220918_160105.jpglarge.1.jpglarge.20220918_155853766.jpglarge.20220918_155505407.jpglarge.20220918_155407556.jpglarge.20220918_155005327.jpg

On 9/10/2022 at 3:53 PM, takeiteazy said:

What’s a decent tub these days?

Never seen these in the pic??

The ones I'm using are Wham 68l 

- the outside is not smooth and you might have issues with sealing everything (I used silicone and no leaks for now)

- the sides are a bit angled , with 40mm returns and due to the inside lower bezel there's just a bit of clearence to the ground.

• Like 5

Looking great and you have trained them plants very well. 

Just dry slowly in ur tent  I would just use the outtake fan only to try and temps average. 

Once in jars you can monitor RH easily and I don’t Boveda packs would be necessary tbh unless you rush drying them. 

Just checked them tubs they are 62 I think?

Also I was confused by the white pipes in first pics? Looks like flexi 19mm stuff. Is this the feed from control tub on the right and if so how is it in the water and not ‘pouring’ or flooding into the x2 tubs?

Also how did you find air pump for the x2 stones ? Was it adequate or did you use x2 per tub. 

I also presume you hand topped up and had no main res?

Great stuff and great grow your must be over the moon!!

7 minutes ago, takeiteazy said:

Just checked them tubs they are 62 I think?

Also I was confused by the white pipes in first pics? Looks like flexi 19mm stuff. Is this the feed from control tub on the right and if so how is it in the water and not ‘pouring’ or flooding into the x2 tubs?

Also how did you find air pump for the x2 stones ? Was it adequate or did you use x2 per tub. 
I also presume you hand topped up and had no main res?

Great stuff and great grow your must be over the moon!!

They are the Wham 62l tubs. 

If you look on the 1st page you will see 3 tubs , the left side one is the main res, the other 2 hold 1 plant each. The white tubes at the back are the main water feed , the pump is in the left tank runs to the water chilller (that's outside the tent on the right side) and goes to the back of both main flower tanks. Because I was lazy I didn't cut the feed tubes short and they are just pointing upwards like a water fountain (fluming I think it's called, pic below) , that's why I don't use an air pump in my system, I have one with 4 air stones..only tested, never used.Didn't measure oxygen levels but the plants didn't die and they did grow in what you see , it must be working.

I did train them... tried my luck at "FIM" not topping ... but fuck .. I missed? I need the veterans to analize this... I can take more photos of the plants structure to see if interested.

The main training was stretching, even if I "missed" I think they look good for my fist grow ever and YES , I'm fucking proud of myself. 

large.2.jpg

• Like 3

Brilliant that you managed with no air pumps or stones, the fluming and direct feed from from main res/chiller to both plant tubs is working! I have never seen this before, all other systems just use the chiller to re circulate water in the main res, i bet your plants water temps were spot on as they were fed direct!

They do say fluming creates more DO.

Don't think i would have the guts to FIM, you would need to post some more pics of your process as what i've seen it can be brutal at the early stages....