Can't believe it is still not decriminalised in the UK to grow for personal use

awesomesauce

You may feel everyone has gone before us, but actually we were ahead of most. We specified an area of London in which it was be legal, for a trial period. Set carry limits and such.
People were hanging at the entrance to tube stations, trying to sell to people in suits. At 8am, on their way to work. These hoodies were calling for more bags, from kids on bikes. It was a scummy situation, that makes me agree the trial was a failure.

The blue party are not against it. When Boris got in, most of his advisers would of legalised it in some form. Boris had no real interest though, and other things seemed to need his attention more. Already we can get a carry card easily, that gives us catalogues to score from. Some police forces have said they won't spend a penny on domestic grows, unless they are a nuisance. The courts are just slapping people round the head. It's really not a bad things, but some people are. The laws are actually used selectively, to halt the career criminal, and jail the thugs. Not to hurt people who do it as a side hustle.

Just now, notunum said:

You may feel everyone has gone before us, but actually we were ahead of most. We specified an area of London in which it was be legal, for a trial period. Set carry limits and such.
People were hanging at the entrance to tube stations, trying to sell to people in suits. At 8am, on their way to work. These hoodies were calling for more bags, from kids on bikes. It was a scummy situation, that makes me agree the trial was a failure.

who is "we" ?
this sounds like the Brian Paddick experiment in Brixton in the early 00's ?

it was probably always doomed to failure due to the reasons you suggest, you can't make it legal by postcode and exclude all others, I'm not convinced that this wasn't the whole purpose of the exercise tbh :spliff:

• Like 4

I'd be happy with a situation that simply allowed us to grow a small number of plants, at home, for personal consumption. You don't really need much else, IMO. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hashslag said:

I'd be happy with a situation that simply allowed us to grow a small number of plants, at home, for personal consumption. You don't really need much else, IMO. 

I know it's wishful thinking but if they didn't include mother plants in the small number and only counted plants in flower would be great.

Tho I'd always prefer decriminalisation over legalisation.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

If a petition and march was organised would you vote I know some people want different things BUT while no one can agree on what to campaign for could this be why nothing is happening wouldn't it be to campaign first just for home grow and law change then try to get other things done later because at the moment nothing is being done and nothing will until we try