Can't believe it is still not decriminalised in the UK to grow for personal use

awesomesauce

Many countries now have changed the laws yet the UK still lags behind. Growing a few plants in your back garden, what a terrible crime. Do you think people's (general public) minds have change over recent years? 

New article on the topic: https://www.leafie.co.uk/articles/will-the-uk-legalise-cannabis/

Very frustrating. 

Edited by awesomesauce
  • Like 1

It will be legal when the "right" people have worked out how to monetise it all.

E2A: For themselves. Obviously.

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
  • Like 11

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

It will be legal when the "right" people have worked out how to monetise it all.

Yea I can't see the current conservative government ever legalising when they seem controlled by the pharmaceutical industry at the best of times and we all know how much they hate the thought of cannabis legalisation. 

• Like 6

Favourite recent relevant quote,  think it came from Mindsoup , 'people are happy for me to sit there munching on handfuls of doctor prescribed 'heroin' but as soon as I light up a joint I'm a scumbag' , in my eyes the shit the doctor pushes at me for my chronic pain condition should be illegal for so many reasons,   not the safe clean effective meds that I grow for myself, like stated earlier it all comes down to who  makes the money as with most things

:skin_up:

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Should Know Betterer said:

Favourite recent relevant quote,  think it came from Mindsoup , 'people are happy for me to sit there munching on handfuls of doctor prescribed 'heroin' but as soon as I light up a joint I'm a scumbag' , in my eyes the shit the doctor pushes at me for my chronic pain condition should be illegal for so many reasons,   not the safe clean effective meds that I grow for myself, like stated earlier it all comes down to who  makes the money as with most things

:skin_up:

It's very true and sad. My mother is in a similar situation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Once again it should be pointed out that GW Pharmaceutical and British Sugar both have a licence to grow from the home office and both have heavy and close ties with the tory party

Britain is one of the largest exporters of medical cannabis worldwide the cunts already know how to fuckin monetise it :yep:

• Like 22

7 hours ago, awesomesauce said:

Do you think people's (general public) minds have change over recent years? 

Nope. In fact I would say it is even more conservative. As long as the gutter press run stories of "feral" youths "high" on Cannabis then I'm afraid the Daily Mail & Express readers will still be outraged. However, it is far more visible (and smellable) now then ever before. Even though the filth don't crack down on someone smoking a joint, they, and the press, love nothing more that busting "farms" and big grows and saying how drugs ruin lives.

• Like 5

On 12/05/2022 at 8:53 AM, Larry Badgeley said:

Nope. In fact I would say it is even more conservative. As long as the gutter press run stories of "feral" youths "high" on Cannabis then I'm afraid the Daily Mail & Express readers will still be outraged. However, it is far more visible (and smellable) now then ever before. Even though the filth don't crack down on someone smoking a joint, they, and the press, love nothing more that busting "farms" and big grows and saying how drugs ruin lives.

Seems like they announce a large grow bust every other day on one of our local radio stations :(

Then the presenters will, presumably with a perfectly straight face, berate other presenters for being a bit "lightweight' in the drinking alcohol stakes.

It's like some sort of sick parody.

• Like 8

I find that the average person who knows little about the effects of cannabis and are brainwashed by either media or whatever to think it’s all about getting high, any conversations I’ve had with such people think it’s as bad as heroin or other opiates. When clearly the medicinal properties have many benefits for people. It’s difficult to change  peoples mindsets when they have thought like that for years. And it’s in all walks of life, some working class, upper class I’ve heard rumblings for all walks of life about how bad it is etc but prescription drugs are fine because a dr says so, or alcohol consumption. I’ve seen lives destroyed by alcohol and as a kid was affected by people around me consuming it daily. 

I drink very little these days and more to enjoy what I’m drinking that to get drunk. A nice Cuban rum, or a White Russian goes down a treat with a vape on a Friday night when I’m relaxing playing some games. 

the difficulty in the UK is the money factor as others have said, they won’t even think of decriminalisation unless there is monetary gain somewhere. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cakeyb said:

enjoy what I’m drinking that to get drunk.

Can't remember the last time I was drunk. I enjoy a good Red Wine especially with a joint. I really do not like the effects of being drunk or the morning after

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Drinking put me in hospital for 2 months fighting for life I don’t see cannabis causing that but as with the uk it’s in the dark ages and nothing will happen until it’s too late I will be surprised if anything happens in my lifetime outdated laws 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The laws will change and probably sooner than everyone expects. Altria, one of the worlds biggest tobacco companies have bought a 45% stake in a Canadian based, multi national cannabis company costing them $1.8 Billion. They have already started lobbying in America and they haven't already started to have a quiet word in the right ears *here then they will be shortly. Money talks and these guys have a lot of it.

The article about Altria can be found on Forbes website, wasn't sure about posting a link.

Edited by BJ Plant Trainer
added *here
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gatherer said:

The reason it was banned in the first place was because of racism. 

Actually it was banned as part of a campaign by DuPont to insure wood pulp not hemp was the main base for paper. 

Find a copy of "The Emperor wears no clothes" 

:yinyang:

• Like 10