Anyone extracted air into their soil pipe

Woozy

Yeah I always thought u were not aloud to vent into it. Never knew about the aav lol he just done me a rough drawing and he got an aav just before the extraction goes into the stack ??? I’m not getting any work done so I better crack on lol 

• Like 1

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

Gonna blow some peoples minds that some soil pipes vent in a loft with nothing more than an aav.

Did mine and I’ve been in building trade for 30 years lollol 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 0:12 PM, mysticriver said:

this is most definitely not venting through a soil pipe (good idea by the way op)

but there are other covert ways to vent

large.5C760C5A-4B70-4578-91F2-F621D954FC76_1_201_a.jpeg

at the top of most windows there are trickle vents, ive taken off the open/close covers as they restrict the slatt underneath

my extraction just slots into the end

im thinking ur prolly in the loft, thats why ur askin about connecting to soil vents, so I was gonna delete this not even bother, but u might be able to get to window somewhere or other...

mystic

Fuck me a bit of bleach to wipe down and some paint after wouldn't go a miss. It's even up the ceiling!

Looks like you have excellent airflow.

Lovely job mate.

• Like 2

Just now, Exhale said:

Fuck me a bit of bleach to wipe down and some paint after wouldn't go a miss.

I know bro I prolly will do it but I just cant be arsed right now, I did wipe it down with a 50/50 bleach/water solution but some bits have come back and like I say im lazy and its a council flat  [like that makes any difference - must play a part somewhere in my reckoning...]

airflow is decent, I was concerned about it being restricted so I checked it yesterday. its a phresh hyperfan v2 silenced 150mm & cf, running at about 85%, and it could prolly go faster if needed

someone mentioned the other day on here about venting into the room as long as u have a dehumidifier running, which is an option

wish I had known about that before, as thats where the bits of mould came from in the 1st place

mystic

21 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

then that tell you that it's still too much mlsitjre in the air if your damp has returned 

no it tells me I didn't do it right in the 1st place...

r/h is always low in the lung - -45%, 40, 35 even

mystic

I used to get a bit of black mould in what is now my g.room , since it got repurposed for growing though it's cleared right up and it's been a few years now, all I did was wipe it down with bleach, guess the constant airflow keeps it at bay.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

On 29/06/2022 at 10:23 AM, Killuminati7 said:

Forget wot I said I’m on site now and the plumber said it’s fine to vent into stack aslong as u have an  AAV  an air admittance valve  because of gasses etc   :smokin:

Personally I would say the exact opposite of this is true - if your stack is open vent then you should be good to go but if your stack is capped with an aav and you're blowing air into the stack that doesn't sound like a great idea - any blockage in your sewer line and you're effectively pressurising your stack?

• Like 3

Just now, Roofless won said:

Personally I would say the exact opposite of this is true - if your stack is open vent then you should be good to go but if your stack is capped with an aav and you're blowing air into the stack that doesn't sound like a great idea - any blockage in your sewer line and you're effectively pressurising your stack?

Yeah man I personally wouldn’t want todo it anyways, but they say you can , I always thought it was a big no no ??  :smokin:

• 1 month later...
On 02/06/2022 at 1:24 AM, BushDoctoR said:

I missed this post... Yes it can be done, I'm doing it currently!

I'm growing in the loft of a rented house, cutting holes in the exterior were not an option and the soil stack ran through the loft so I gave it a go.

I must admit I was very worried about "blowbacks" when I first set it up but I've been running this for 2.5 years with no issues. I tee'd into it very close to the top of the stack and my 6" doesn't budge a thing in the u-bends downstairs, I'd be wary with a larger fan or doing this further down the house though.

I guess you could say the shit did not hit the fan!

large.20191108_174813-1209x2487.jpg

I've done exactly the same! Created a manifold for veg and flower so both can push through the same hole and added an extra with an optional capped end as a spare just in case I ever needed it. Kicking smell outside isn't an issue if your filtering properly and not a bodged duct tape jobby.

Positives. Works really really well at removing air, you can even get valve kinda things if you're para about it kicking back poo smells. It's also super discreet, no cutting bricks to put vents in the wall that neighbouring properties don't have. I got new pipes so if I ever need to rip the fucker out fast then I can sling the old one in and no damage to the property is done. 

Negatives. Don't exhaust AC through it or it'll make the pipes hotter than the gyal dem pum pum, the pipes turn in to a massive radiator. It's also worth using the ducting with fiberglass or foamy stuff between it for the same purposes of heat, noise ect which can slide over the stench pipe. Do remember that 90° bends will reduce the efficacy of air being moved also, so knock your fan side up a size if it looks like a tetris game. If you're venting multiple extraction fans through it also an 8" will over power a 4" and you'll just blow air back inside, the vent can only pull so much through before there's resistance.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...