Anyone extracted air into their soil pipe

Woozy

Wouldn’t u get a shity stink coz that’s wot the durgel valve is for at the top of the soil pipe lol  ?? If ur extraction fan was off your tent will smell like you’ve been shitting in there 

Edited by Killuminati7
Add more

Just now, Killuminati7 said:

If ur extraction fan was off your tent will smell like you’ve been shitting in there 

beats having to buy ona blocks or what ever they are called during a power outage lol

• Like 2

Just now, ratdog said:

beats having to buy ona blocks or what ever they are called during a power outage lol

lollol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

Wouldn’t u get a shity stink coz that’s wot the durgel valve is for at the top of the soil pipe lol  ?? If ur extraction fan was off your tent will smell like you’ve been shitting in there 

1 you shouldn't ever turn the extraction off and the hole could easily be capped if you're having a brake from growing.

2 in the unlikely event of backdraft it would have to pass through the CF so there would be no smell. 

• Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

1 you shouldn't ever turn the extraction off and the hole could easily be capped if you're having a brake from growing.

2 in the unlikely event of backdraft it would have to pass through the CF so there would be no smell. 

I’ve been on many roofs and took that durgle valve thing off and your be surprised of the stink that comes out lol you can smell wot the customer had for dinner the nite b4 , that’s a na mate from me lol  :yep:

Have a power cut when your away these things happen , fan packs up  and that your be coming home to a place that smells like a sewage works lol 

11 hours ago, Killuminati7 said:

Have a power cut when your away these things happen , fan packs up  and that your be coming home to a place that smells like a sewage works lol 

Other than yhe fact there's a carbon filter it has to go though as stated. It would be wise to chuck a 125mm non return valve in which would eliminate any back flow issues.

Tbh I dont rate it as necessary in this set up. As said. The carbon filter would take care of it if the fan went off fornwhatever reason. 

Folks make it sound like it would be the end of the world if the fan went off lol 

Id be far more concerned about the smells coming out of the tent than the sewer. Firstly for there to be backdraft there need to be bakcpressure. Firstly to force the smell back up the pipe and secondly through the carbon filter. 

Now then fluid dynamics comes in here.

Fluid take the path of least restriction. Which in this instance is right up the vent pipe because it lacks restriction that the carbon filter imposes. But there isn't any pressure forcing anything anywhere. It's just sat there. You've essentially just got a capped sewer with a carboncfilter capping it. And we're worried about smells lol

Think about it guys.

lol you make it sound like the sewer system runs at 2 bar lol

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 2

All joking aside. Unless u like lighting gas cans with matches I wouldn’t advise todo it’s against every code probably  create a health hazard in the long run . Gud luck lol 

Nowt like confident ignorance lol

Tbf with a non return valve you would actually be following code

@Killuminati7 explain how you think the smell can get past a non return valve and a carbon filter and which part of code it breaks? It's non standard application but nothing that breaks regs. 

Can definitely tell there's a lot of people in the thread that don't understand or have worked with plumbing/installing sewer systems 

• Like 3

Forget wot I said I’m on site now and the plumber said it’s fine to vent into stack aslong as u have an  AAV  an air admittance valve  because of gasses etc   :smokin:

• Like 2

The only issue would be finding an line air admittance valve. The only ones I've seen are designed to go on the end of a soil pipe. Hence the recommendation of a non return valve which does the same job 

Gonna blow some peoples minds that some soil pipes vent in a loft with nothing more than an aav.

Fwiw it's not good practice to vent a fan into a soil stack. If you were a plumber venting a bathroom fan into it you'd be a bit of a lazy cowboy but we're working a non standard and not exactly best practice solution but what it is is a solutioncthats fine and works 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 2