Monkeypig makes a right hash of it

monkeypig

I've always like to make use of all my trim and have had my bubble bags since last millennium. I have recently however discovered from watching Frenchy Connoli that I was apparently missing out a lot from not heat pressing my bubble. This is the first time I froze my freshly collected puck and worked it through a sieve before drying and it seemed to have dried much nicer before I even thought about pressing it. I finally found a heat resistant bottle to safely pour boiling water into and away I pressed. 

Compared to the old press I used to use the visual results are night and day, but I unfortunately have no pictures of the old style round pucks.

large._copie-0_IMG_0836.jpg

large._copie-0_IMG_0837.jpg

I couldn't resit rolling myself a little ball 

large._copie-0_IMG_0842.jpglarge._copie-0_IMG_0846.jpg

And then I realised that I was a total moron because I now won't be able to taste my work because it'll mean ruining my lovely ball. I shall now try to lay this down for a few months and see if it's worth all the fuss (even if I quite enjoy all the fuss!) It certainly smells lovely. I have also realised that it may well be time to do some research into better camera and gear to be able to take photos that really capture this lovely plant.

Back in about 3 months for another go!

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

That looks great. I really need to get a handle on how to make this. 

I second both things he said 

• Like 2

large.IMG_0848.jpg

My pal popped over so despite my own tolerance break stopping me from sampling this wee ball, I had to chop her open to give him a chunk. Again , apologies for the potatoeness of the photos. I wish you guys could smell it - smells like I'd imagine heaven does. oooh lala as a certain late frenchman would have said

I've already had a few pals wanting to bring their trim over to have me work. I suppose 50-50 is the fair way to go is it?    

• Like 9

Been put of the loop a while a didn't realize frenchy had passed he was a legend in the world of hash and beyond. 

Your hash looks beautiful I can only imagine how it smokes 

• Like 2

That settles it I need to buy new bags , lent my full mesh 8 set to a mate "for a quick run" like 18 months ago so they're gone.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@BilgePump  I've got my eyes on a set of the fancy boldtbags with the straps to adjust the height in the bucket, but @ $360 plus postage it may be a wee wait. The big new change was a £12 borosilicate bottle from the big river to allow me to press it with boiling water without fear of shattering glass. 

• Like 1